PDA

View Full Version : New Low Pricing for SEARS POINT, LAGUNA - $150 and up!!

krazik
12-19-2002, 11:23 PM
New Low Pricing for SEARS POINT, LAGUNA - $150 and up!!

We have decided to test a new formula for the upcoming Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) and Mazda Raceway @ Laguna Seca events due to a scarcity of truly gnarly drivers. We are lowering the prices and decreasing stated run time (note: don't worry, you will probably get much more than the stated run time as usually happens at all SV events).

Additionally, we are instituting a new run group on a trial basis for these events, called BLUE. The BLUE group will be restricted to 1 hour of track time, provided by 3 x 20m sessions. It will be correspondingly much cheaper than the normal registration fees. The BLUE group will follow RED passing rules and will be for intermediate and advanced drivers only. The BLUE group is designed for people with smaller budgets, less money, for those who just want to test out a new setup on their car, who just want to test the waters, or for those who are so fast they can stomp on everyone in 3x 20m sessions and go home with a big smile on their face and more rubber on their wheels. Space in Blue group is limited.

The pricing for the BLUE group will be as follows:
Infineon Raceway (Sears Point): $225 for both days (total track time 2 hrs.) $150 for one day (1 hr. track time)

Mazda Raceway @ Laguna Seca: $250 for both days (total track time 2 hrs.) $175 for one day (1 hr. track time)

As a result of these changes the regular groups (RED, WHITE, YELLOW) will have run time cut down from 2.5 hours to 2+ hours (again, not taking into consideration the wide open track generally available at the end of each day).

As a result, regular registration fees will change from $450/$275 (Sears) and $500/$300 (Laguna) to the following:

Infineon Raceway (Sears Point): $375 for both days (4+ hrs. track time) $225 for one day (2+ hrs. track time)

Mazda Raceway @ Laguna Seca: $400 for both days (4+ hrs. track time) $250 for one day (2+ hrs. track time)

Given that, at the end of the day, the track is generally wide open at our events, we feel that our RED, WHITE, and YELLOW drivers will get just as much track time as they usually end up taking.

Note: BLUE group drivers will not be allowed to run in any open sessions at the end of the day.

I am sure this new setup may disappoint some, but it really makes more sense given that at present signups are really low for Sears Point only 2 weeks away. Keep in mind that because this event it so empty, there will be loads of track time for those who sign up for the regular run groups.

The schedule will look like the following:

8:00am Drivers' Meeting
9:00-9:25 RED
9:25-9:50 WHITE
9:50-10:15 YELLOW
10:15-10:35 BLUE
10:35-11:00 RED
11:00-11:25 WHITE
11:25-11:50 YELLOW
11:50-12:10 BLUE
12:10-1:00 LUNCH
1:00-1:25 RED
1:25-1:50 WHITE
1:50-2:15 YELLOW
2:15-2:35 BLUE
2:35-3:00 RED
3:00-3:25 WHITE
3:25-3:50 YELLOW
3:50-4:15 RED
4:15-4:40 WHITE
4:40-5:00 YELLOW

Note: If you have already signed up for this event, you will be refunded the reduction in price on your card. If you wish to switch to Blue group, please email (events@speedventures.net) us and let us know.

Kos-motate139
12-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Could just be that it's so close to the holidays...?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up for one of your Laguna Seca days, but I need to finish my christmas shopping first. :) I looked at the website after your last post and that's a neat format you guys have, with the time comparisons for the year.

I didn't see this listed on the website, but what is the policy for taking other people for rides?

Also, neat idea on the Blue group too -- a lot of people could use a test day, which are hard to come by, even if you do have your SCCA license.

Keith_M3-4
12-20-2002, 02:37 PM
Sounds like fun.. Is this run rain or shine?

I noticed that you run counter clockwise at Laguna, is that only in the winter? That mean up the corkscrew right?

krazik
12-20-2002, 04:01 PM
that is a type-o. Laguna doesn't let you run backwards.

Yes all events are rain or shine

Keith_M3-4
12-20-2002, 04:51 PM
I prefer to run only in dry.. are refunds offered?

Glad to hear it is a type, running backward would take all the fun out of it.

krazik
12-20-2002, 05:38 PM
sorry, the track doesn't offer refunds for the day, so neither can we.

I am not aware of any track org that doesn't run rain or shine.

krazik
12-20-2002, 05:38 PM
Laguna will be full, there should be plenty of room for walk-ons at Sears Pt.

Tahoe M3
12-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a great plan. I like the blue group idea and definately the reduced rates for the others. I have only been on Thunder Hill lately because of cost and have missed both Laguna and Sears.

I'm sorry if I missed this but who is sponsoring this driver's school? Is this a CCA event? Is this new arrangement going to be ongoing for future schools? I don't take the M out in winter up here in the High Sierra.

badmonkey
12-20-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith_M3-4
Sounds like fun.. Is this run rain or shine?

I noticed that you run counter clockwise at Laguna, is that only in the winter? That mean up the corkscrew right?

Originally posted by krazik

that is a type-o. Laguna doesn't let you run backwards.

Yes all events are rain or shine

Uh, Laguna Seca is run counter-clockwise. ;)

krazik
12-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Heh... ;) yeah, what he said.

Laguna is only run 1 way. They don't run it backwards.