PDA

View Full Version : AA turbo questions for kevlar..

GMat
03-04-2001, 04:19 PM
Hey kevlar you know if theyre ever going to introduce more power for the obd2 kits? I see that theyre getting 398hp at 8.5psi, but how come they can run 11psi on the 95 motors? Is it a question of fuel delivery or something? How fast are the obd2 cars compared to a stg2 95 car? Is the 30hp that much different? Im really torn as to what to do about my performance options. I have enough money right now to get an obd2 kit for my 98.. But im wondering if i should sell my car for a 95. I really like the estoril blue i have, but if the stg2 95 car is considerably faster, i would consider going with it... Any idea what the obd2 cars are running in the quarter and 0-60, and also if theyre ever going to release the obd2's with more power? I know the resale value will be a lot different between a 95 and a 98... But am i going to be able to spank c5 vettes etc with a obd2 car?

Kevlar
03-04-2001, 06:13 PM
Can they run higher boost with the OBD2 turbo kit... yes. They keep it at 8.5 psi currently for reliability issues. They've done runs with the car over 8.5psi but they choose to cut it of at 8.5psi. You could probably run more ... but you would have to talk to them about engine internals. After that, you can run more psi. I think to reach 11psi you have to start doing internal engine work.

With the OBD2 turbo kit... you're car will be hella fast. You're biggest problem will no longer be power, but gearing and traction. I can't remember some of the conversations regarind competition between cars, but I do believe it won't be a problem provided you have some sticky rubber in the back.

I'll inquire more next time I talk to them.