PDA

View Full Version : Help! Why won't rotor come off?

jimmyz
03-04-2001, 03:34 PM
I've unbolted the caliper (two bolts), removed the sensors, and removed the single hex socket screw that holds the rotor on. I'm trying to pull the rotor and calipers off at the same time, but the damn thing won't come off. I took the other side off yesterday with no problem. Any ideas?

V Shah
03-04-2001, 04:44 PM
You would get more detailed replies in the General Discussion section of the particular model BMW you own. Post this question there.

PM3
03-05-2001, 07:38 PM
the rotors can take a tremendous beatin'.. in order to take off the ones off my ex 97 M3, we had to whack it with a sledge hammer a few times. Finally it came off. CYA>PM3

C///M3
03-07-2001, 01:02 AM
Hey,
If you haven't already taken it off... PM3 is right. My caliper was on there pretty good as well. I used a rubber mallet and hit around the edges of the rotor til it came loose. If you're not using the rotor again, then u can use whatever you want to hit it loose. If you dont have a rubber mallet, then put cushion in between the rotor and hammer. U can use a towel folded in halves to prevent damage to the rotor.