PDA

View Full Version : poser...

FLiPModE
03-04-2001, 12:14 PM
I saw this guy pull up on a local street , I assume he had a 318is because of its single tailpipe. He had an m3 spoiler, and tinted windows, and about 4 ///M 3 badges on it. I pulled up and said "Nice M3 man.." And he said , in a very affirmed tone, "Yup!." Either he didn't know he got ripped off, or he really believed he had an ///M. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to share the story. Don't flame me either, I know it wasn't an ///M.I know its none of my business what people do with their cars, but...

themadhatter
03-04-2001, 12:57 PM
he probably thought he fooled you, just like he's doing to himself

Kevlar
03-04-2001, 01:02 PM
Depends on how I'm feeling... but sometimes I like busting their chops some. Ask 'em how much horsepower they have... or since when did the M3s start coming with single tail pipes. Oh, I didn't know that some M3s redlines earlier than others... Oh, I must have gotten the red needle guage option on my M3.

Things like that...

mpbmw318is
03-04-2001, 01:43 PM
thats always bothered me. if you dont have an ///M dont slap on any badges, unless you've done something nutty, like s/c or turbo, and then, i'd just put the ///M in front of 318is badge. oh well, all you can do laugh and point :rolleyes:

themadhatter
03-04-2001, 02:36 PM
I'm thinking of putting a 316is badge on my 323is, must to make people second guess it.

Sure that's a 1.6L 4 banger. Yup, that and my 9" wide tires.

Some people don't understand, I guess it's just another form of sticker power. Ricers have thier Type-R and Bimmers have an ///M. Benz's have AMG and Audi has....what does Audi have?

Black Majik
03-04-2001, 03:40 PM
audi's have S4 power.

themadhatter
03-04-2001, 06:31 PM
ahh yes, or ABD. Maybe even Audi Sport!

the best one I've ever seen though was in Puerto Rico. A navy blue Carolla with a real badge that read:

Carolla Type-R

the "R" was a big red letter too....very funny

oh yah, all the mitsu mirages I saw were all Evolution V too.

psk145
03-05-2001, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by themadhatter
ahh yes, or ABD. Maybe even Audi Sport!

the best one I've ever seen though was in Puerto Rico. A navy blue Carolla with a real badge that read:

Carolla Type-R

the "R" was a big red letter too....very funny

oh yah, all the mitsu mirages I saw were all Evolution V too.

Thats a common sight here in Southern California. I saw this Toyota Echo the other day with TRD stickers all over it, all it had was a huge tailpipe attached to the stock tips. It wasnt even on straight!!

Black Majik
03-05-2001, 05:31 PM
that's soo true... s cali is notorious for these kinds of things...

about 2 weeks ago i saw a 94' civic hatchback with the license plate "Spedn SI". Which i never knew SIs came in hatchbacks... http://www.gsxgirl.com/smilies/biglaugh.gif

these things are too common. I leave the sightings for everyone else. but i've seen some whack shit here in s cali.

BMWguy
03-09-2001, 02:58 AM
Actually from 92-94 the Civics did come in Si's. But I get your point... hehehe

BMWguy
03-09-2001, 02:59 AM
hatchback civics came in Si's i meant

Black Majik
03-09-2001, 11:45 AM
hmm... i feel dumb.... hehe... but does the hatchback civic have anything styling different from the regular hatchback.... cuz this was stock as hell, no exhaust even.... jus' clear corners.... so im pretty sure it wasn't an SI.

outkastaliens
03-09-2001, 12:02 PM
No, i don't think there was any diffence other than the Si badge slapped on the back.

V Shah
03-11-2001, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by outkastaliens
No, i don't think there was any diffence other than the Si badge slapped on the back.
Correct.
http://spoon.org/civic/pics/Badges-On.jpg