PDA

View Full Version : roseville/ sacramento meeting

porkyzilla
11-14-2002, 10:39 PM
on december 14th, we are going to meet at natomas lake if you need driving directions just ask or email me, that we will meet there at 11:00am hang out there for a while and shoot some video, well after and hr or so, we well all drive down to in n out burger on sunrise and coloma around noonish get some food, after that we take off for some twistie drive on salmon falls road, we will end up comming out of auburn.

so again here it is

when? december 14, 2002
where? natomas lake
what time? 11:00am

1995red318i
11-19-2002, 04:35 PM
ah...porky beat me to it:D

but that's what's going on for you sac town guys and surrounding areas:)

we have a lot of people coming from dtmpower, probably at least 12 i'd say....let's get some bimmerforum guys over there too:buttrock

mpbmw318is
11-22-2002, 06:27 AM
Tell you what, send me an email with the all the details- and I'll let you know if I'm gonna be back home by then.

CABimmer
11-25-2002, 03:59 PM
we only need a few hundred cars to show up

CABimmer
12-09-2002, 12:23 PM
bump

swisherchico
12-10-2002, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty new to these boards, but I live in the Sac area. Chico to be exact. I didn't know there were any events like this that close to me. Hopefully I can make it down there. But porkyzilla if you could give me driving directions to natomos lake that would be great:) . Im pretty sure I can make, I don't think I will have to work on sat.

Sounds pretty cool

1995red318i
12-10-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by swisherchico
I'm pretty new to these boards, but I live in the Sac area. Chico to be exact. I didn't know there were any events like this that close to me. Hopefully I can make it down there. But porkyzilla if you could give me driving directions to natomos lake that would be great:) . Im pretty sure I can make, I don't think I will have to work on sat.

Sounds pretty cool
hey what's up swisher:) i am in chico:alright give me a call if you want to meet up or something;)
530 913 0924.....ryan:wave:

i will be going to the meet too.

swisherchico
12-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Ryan-

Dude thats sweet!!!:buttrock Another bimmer fan in chico..... I still gotta find out for sure if I can get off work. If I can go, my friend was gonna come with me so he can get some photos and shoot some footage of the meet for me.

I'll try to give ya call Friday later in the afternoon if I can go and we can determine where to meet at.:

1995red318i
12-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Ryan-

Dude thats sweet!!!:buttrock Another bimmer fan in chico..... I still gotta find out for sure if I can get off work. If I can go, my friend was gonna come with me so he can get some photos and shoot some footage of the meet for me.

I'll try to give ya call Friday later in the afternoon if I can go and we can determine where to meet at.:
actually i will be in grass valley on friday and cruise on down to the meet from there. but i can meet up with you in sac area:)
if you can't make it though lets meet up for on like monday or so. my finals schedule isn't too bad.

that'd be cool if you guys got some footage too...do you do any editing as well? i have adobe 6.5. maybe we can calloborate and make a nice video.
also could you help me make a nice sig;) i like yours:wave:

swisherchico
12-12-2002, 03:08 PM
-Ryan-

I just found out a little while ago that I don't have to work,so my friend and I are gonna go to the meet. That would be great to meet up with you in the sac area because I don't know exactly how to get to natomas lake. Or if I could get driving directions to the lake, I could just drive there myself....But let me know what works out best. I get off work today at around 6pm, you can give me a call if it is too hard to explain over the message boards 530-518-2470

This will be my first time trying to edit some video footage because I just recently bought a camcorder, and I have Adobe Photoshop 6.0 but I dont have the Adobe Premiere, which is used for editing video, so I'm up for trying to make a short video, we can discuss it at the meet on saturday too.

Peace

1995red318i
12-12-2002, 04:24 PM
-Ryan-

I just found out a little while ago that I don't have to work,so my friend and I are gonna go to the meet. That would be great to meet up with you in the sac area because I don't know exactly how to get to natomas lake. Or if I could get driving directions to the lake, I could just drive there myself....But let me know what works out best. I get off work today at around 6pm, you can give me a call if it is too hard to explain over the message boards 530-518-2470

This will be my first time trying to edit some video footage because I just recently bought a camcorder, and I have Adobe Photoshop 6.0 but I dont have the Adobe Premiere, which is used for editing video, so I'm up for trying to make a short video, we can discuss it at the meet on saturday too.

Peace
cool:buttrock i'll see you there then:)

theres some more info here too: http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73618&perpage=15&pagenumber=3
check pages 3 and 4 for directions.

that's cool your friend is coming too, now we have a passenger to do some filming. it'd be a little hard to film and drive at the same time:D this way we can get some of those cool "in motion" shots.:alright

CABimmer
12-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Everyone from the sac area post here, so we can plan our next event. the one on the 14th was awsome, you guys missed out on a great twisty drive.

swisherchico
12-18-2002, 02:18 PM
I was unfortunately unable to attned the meet, up here in Chico it was raining really really hard so I figured there wouldn't be much of a meet. But I wish I had gone.

Ideas for the next meet: Depending on how many people would come, we could all spend a day out @ THundehill Raceway in Willows (Off of Interstate 5), and take some high performance driving lessons. I've been to a few of them and they are a blast to watch and see all the cool cars. Going out on the track would be even more exciting.

For more info go to: Thunderhill (www.thunderhill.com)

CABimmer
12-18-2002, 02:20 PM
I did a school up there in Sept. it rocks, I would be up for another one soon. Im thinking of Sears in March

porkyzilla
12-18-2002, 06:53 PM
yah that would be cool, its gonna be my christmas gift to go to thunderhill.......

Monzo
12-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Damnit!!! I am so mad that I did not see this thread earlier. Me and my buddies are always cruizing sunrise looking for other bimmers to go chill with. Me and my buddy have almost identicle white 328i and would have loved to go on the cruize up to samlon falls if we had known. are you guys gonna do it again soon? Now that it is pissing rain probably not but let me know qmonsma5@hotmail.com
thanks, Quinn

1995red318i
12-20-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Monzo
Damnit!!! I am so mad that I did not see this thread earlier. Me and my buddies are always cruizing sunrise looking for other bimmers to go chill with. Me and my buddy have almost identicle white 328i and would have loved to go on the cruize up to samlon falls if we had known. are you guys gonna do it again soon? Now that it is pissing rain probably not but let me know qmonsma5@hotmail.com
thanks, Quinn
hey what's up quinn...
i am down there a lot in that area...we should meet up sometime.

ryan

turbom3ti
12-26-2002, 11:05 AM
thunderhill would be awesome, let's make dis happen :buttrock

Monzo
12-27-2002, 01:14 PM
Ryan,
For sure we should hook up sometime. Me and a couple bimmer buddies have a little crew that goes out onn the weekends and now that there is no school on the weekdays. E-mail me or post on here for a time and place to meet. We will definatly hook up and get a little crew together that can pick on ricers. haha.
Quinn

1995red318i
12-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Monzo
Ryan,
For sure we should hook up sometime. Me and a couple bimmer buddies have a little crew that goes out onn the weekends and now that there is no school on the weekdays. E-mail me or post on here for a time and place to meet. We will definatly hook up and get a little crew together that can pick on ricers. haha.
Quinn
sounds cool man...i sent you an email:buttrock

CABimmer
12-30-2002, 05:32 PM
So lets set a date for another meet :D

Monzo
01-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Im game!!!
Im out of school for thenext few weeks so let me know when everone wants to do it. I have about 2 or 3 other peeps that will be interested in comming with their rides as well so just let us all know!
Quinn

CABimmer
01-05-2003, 08:29 PM
Im going to do the driver school on feb 15th at Thunder Hill.

Lets go guys!:boobies

swisherchico
01-05-2003, 10:30 PM
are you actually signed up already for the driving school?

CABimmer
01-06-2003, 11:18 AM
No they just posted the schedule. I will sign up some time this week.

Quanton
01-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Question for those who do not have their front license plate...Do the police or any other police agencies give you trouble for not having the front plate mounted? I want to take my front plate off but risking a fixer-citation. Thanks.

swisherchico
01-07-2003, 01:27 AM
I haven't tried it myself, but I do see a lot of camaro's driving around town without the front liscense plates on, so I don't think they really care. But it isn't worth the risk to me. Does the liscense plate annoy you that much?

Or you could be like the civic boys and stick the plate on the front dash LOL!

1995red318i
01-07-2003, 12:17 PM
CA law states that the liscense plate must be attached to the front bumper.

so those honda boys that are driving around with their plates on their dash are still illegal:laugh they aren't gaining anything...guess its just another cheap mod:buttrock

really they won't pull you over for it, but if you get pulled over for another violation like speeding they might give you a fix it ticket.

personally i would leave it off...looks so much cleaner.

hey brad....i finally got the DDEs installed. i'll be back in chico in a few days if you want to check them out:alright

CABimmer
01-07-2003, 12:44 PM
I have not run one on any of my cars for 6 years. My wife has had 3-4 tickets and has not ben writen up. Car looks much better, and if you get one, big deal. Its a fix it ticket

swisherchico
01-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 1995red318i
hey brad....i finally got the DDEs installed. i'll be back in chico in a few days if you want to check them out:alright

Yea we should meet up again. I ordred some fittipaldi force wheels, but discount tire has them on back order right now.

What kind of suspension setup did you go with? I have a feeling im gonna need to lower my car after the wheels.

1995red318i
01-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Yea we should meet up again. I ordred some fittipaldi force wheels, but discount tire has them on back order right now.

What kind of suspension setup did you go with? I have a feeling im gonna need to lower my car after the wheels.

what size wheels? 17s?

well you won't need to lower your car after the wheels go on....but you'll sure as heck want to ;)

i have intrax sport springs on mine: 1.8" drop rear and 1.6" drop front.

just slightly less stiff as h&r springs. i think h&r are 27% stiffer for sport, and intrax are around 25%. they have excellent ride, and excellent handling.

you will probably want to go with shocks too though.

i will be up there friday night i think. we'll get in touch.

and for anyone else in the sac area....quinn( monzo ), a couple of his friends, and i are going to be getting together at the in and out on eureka( right by sunsplash ) tomorrow around 4:30 or so if anyone wants to come:alright

my friend with a crazy e30 m3 will be there as well.
just heads up if anyone wants to know:wave:

swisherchico
01-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Ryan-

im going 18" chrome. the other choice would be machined silver polished, and those are pain to keep shiney. (Quest330is has the same wheels Im getting except they are machined silver)
http://members.roadfly.com/quest330is/DDE02.JPG

I wish I could meet up with you guys, Im interested in seeing the E30 M3 but I gotta open and close the store tommarrow. I wouldn't get off till around 7.

1995red318i
01-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Ryan-

im going 18" chrome. the other choice would be machined silver polished, and those are pain to keep shiney. (Quest330is has the same wheels Im getting except they are machined silver)
http://members.roadfly.com/quest330is/DDE02.JPG

I wish I could meet up with you guys, Im interested in seeing the E30 M3 but I gotta open and close the store tommarrow. I wouldn't get off till around 7.

nice choice in rims. they have a simple but aggressive look to them.
but i would go with machined silver though...something about chrome on a bmw just doesn't sit right with me. the machined silver looks so much better i think.
and i don't want to hear anything about keeping wheels clean...you know what my wheels look like! each of those wheels takes about as long as it does to wash the car!:laugh
ooo...and 18s too. i have been debating doing an 18" swap for a while now...i can't wait to see what they look like on your car. hey...first 18s on a e36 in chico!

so when do the wheels come in?

and i need to get my ddes to look like his:confused: those are sweet!:buttrock

i likes quests car a lot...that thing has gone through a huge transformation since the first time i saw it:)

sucks you have to close though man, that's part of the reason i love what i do so much. i can set my own hours, plus its the best pay i can find up in chico too.

but anyways, there'll be other meets. this is just a quick little get together we whipped up like last night...so not much warning:)
maybe we'll try to get something with a little more notice up so people can clear their schedule. you'll miss my friends m3, but he'll be back around spring break i think, maybe you can check it out then....he has one of the most beautiful e30 m3s i have seen.

CABimmer
01-08-2003, 07:30 PM
If any of you are interested. Im going to do the Sears point DE with BMWCCA GGC instead of the ThunderHill one. Is March 1-2

and I will try to meet you guys at In/out. I work at Eureka and Douglas

Quanton
01-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks for your reply regarding front plating mounting.

Quanton
01-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey Ryan,

Check out the Velox wheels...model Hyperion. Two choices: chrome or machined.

Also Hamann wheels are nice...model HM2. This rim has a deep lip.

Monzo
01-09-2003, 04:20 AM
Hey Guys, I know it is kind of late but my buddy does not get off of work until about 6 and he really wants to go. the thing is is that his car is in the shop so I might be his only ride out there to in and out. But maybe not though cause he might just come with someone else. Oh well. Ill figure it out. I should be there by 5. I am looking forward to getting together with some other bmw guys/girls(?) and showing of the ultimate driving machines that everyone has. I will see you all tomorrow!!! :clap:
Quinn
p.s. I will be the tall white kid in the white 96' 328i. I want to make sure that I get to meet everyone so if I dont approach me please feel free to come up to me!
Later

CABimmer
01-09-2003, 12:07 PM
That parking lot is real small, I hope we can fit.

1995red318i
01-09-2003, 03:10 PM
sounds like we got some people coming then:D

yeah quinn, i am sure we will be there for awhile so when your friend gets off work maybe he can meet us there? is he the one with the modded 328?

cabimmer- yeah the parking lot is kind of small...maybe once we're all there, we could just run right over to the sunsplash parking lot...they have a huge one.

quanton- no problem about the liscense plate thing. i would leave it off. a good trick just to cover your butt too is this:
slide your liscense plate underneath your seat. and if you ever get into trouble for having it off, just pull it out and put in on the front seat and say " i know officer, i don't have the screws to mount them, i was actually on my way to get them right now. here are my plates" :)
and they wheels weren't for me, they were for swisher. his name is brad...i am ryan:) but nice selection on wheels. i love the hamanns, but i hadn't seen the veloxs...nice wheels.

see you guys in a few hours.:buttrock

Quanton
01-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Hi 1992red318i,

Thanks for that good tip regarding the front plate. Here is the link for the Velox wheels (model Hyperion)...

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/velox/velox.htm

just scroll down to Hyperion model..or perhaps you may find some other model that may suit your taste.

swisherchico
01-10-2003, 02:03 AM
haha...i still don't think he gets it ryan

1995red318i
01-10-2003, 10:55 AM
haha...i still don't think he gets it ryan
:astromile
yeah...but he seems like a nice guy:)

1995red318i
01-10-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Quanton
Hi 1992red318i,

Thanks for that good tip regarding the front plate. Here is the link for the Velox wheels (model Hyperion)...

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/velox/velox.htm

just scroll down to Hyperion model..or perhaps you may find some other model that may suit your taste.
hey what's up man...

i have a 95 red 318i:)

i do like those wheels though...but its not my car:) i have 17x8.5 adr m-classics on my car. i think you can find them on that site too...but i don't know if you can get a bmw application from them:dunno

swisherchico is the guy looking for wheels, but i don't think he has ordered yet so maybe that link can help him.

thanks.:wave:

swisherchico
01-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Yea, I haven't ordered the Fittipaldi's for myself yet. The people at discount tire are ordering the wheels to bring into the store so I can see them in person before I make the decision to buy them or not, however they said there warehouse in NV doesn't have them in stock so they have to have them shipped from their warehouse in TX (i think).

Quanton-
I like the looks of those Hyperion wheels a lot but too bad the smallest size was a 19". I'm skeptical of how much power I'll lose by puttin 18's on, let alone slappin 19's on.

Anyone know what the stock 15" BMW wheels weigh? 18-19 lbs?

1995red318i
01-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Yea, I haven't ordered the Fittipaldi's for myself yet. The people at discount tire are ordering the wheels to bring into the store so I can see them in person before I make the decision to buy them or not, however they said there warehouse in NV doesn't have them in stock so they have to have them shipped from their warehouse in TX (i think).

Quanton-
I like the looks of those Hyperion wheels a lot but too bad the smallest size was a 19". I'm skeptical of how much power I'll lose by puttin 18's on, let alone slappin 19's on.

Anyone know what the stock 15" BMW wheels weigh? 18-19 lbs?

don't go 19s brad...too big and you'll proabably seriously f' them up in chico with those roads. you have a noticeable decrease in acceleration too with 19s( there'll be one too with 18s, but not as big. ).

i don't know remeber what stock wheels you have and your sig. pic isn't showing up.
but if you have the bottlecaps, they are only like 14 lbs!
if not, i still don't think that the 15s you have are 18-19...probably 16 or 17.

swisherchico
01-10-2003, 01:52 PM
theres is no way id go 19's especially when I have to cross the sh**y train tracks everyday to get to work (I swear chico needs to do something about there roads)

The fittipaldi 18's weigh 22lbs, so there will be some accel lag.

1995red318i
01-10-2003, 02:17 PM
theres is no way id go 19's especially when I have to cross the sh**y train tracks everyday to get to work (I swear chico needs to do something about there roads)

The fittipaldi 18's weigh 22lbs, so there will be some accel lag.
22lbs isn't too bad for 18s really. there will definetly be some lag though...but that's to be expected...you don't get 18s for "go" reasons:D

they'll look sweet though:buttrock

i think my 17s weigh 21 lbs.

CABimmer
01-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey, It was good to meet you guys, Lets do another event in the next few weeks. There is talk of the local M group doing one on Feb 1st with Lunch and a drive.

1995red318i
01-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CABimmer
Hey, It was good to meet you guys, Lets do another event in the next few weeks. There is talk of the local M group doing one on Feb 1st with Lunch and a drive.
sounds good. i am in:)

maybe we can set on up this time when it doesn't rain:biglaughb

hey doug...how much is your car dropped on those coilovers? the car looked great....i thought my car was low, but after seeing your car i need more drop:D
do you have any camber problems?

CABimmer
01-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Fender to center of hub. im 12.75 front and 11.75 rear. Alignment shop said it came out in good shape, Next time I go in I will get the specs

1995red318i
01-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Fender to center of hub. im 12.75 front and 11.75 rear. Alignment shop said it came out in good shape, Next time I go in I will get the specs
thanks.

how much of a drop is it...its got to be at least 2"s right? looks great!

CABimmer
01-11-2003, 04:36 PM
yup, about 2"

1995red318i
01-12-2003, 04:06 AM
yup, about 2"
nice....that side pic in your sig just doesn't do it justice!

CABimmer
01-12-2003, 10:40 AM
when I put on new brakes next week, Ill take some more pics after I wash it.

CABimmer
01-21-2003, 04:32 PM
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69648