PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: All So-Cal racers.............support needed

SSilver
11-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Ok here is the deal. John Lawton at Top Flight Corvette has put a lot of time and effort into getting funding lined up for a race park in san diego that would include:

2 -1/4 mile drag strips
1- 2.7 mile road course
Auto cross
Slalom racing
Off road park
go kart track
and a driving school.

All that is needed is approval formt he city of san diego to get the land. We need all the support we can get to get this to happen. They are looking at putting it on an old piece of land on the miramar air base. This would be a track that is open just about 365 days a year and open especially at night. From the looks of it carlsbad is gonna be shut down sometime in the next couple years and that leaves us basically with qualcomm to race.

Everyone will be meeting up this saturday night between 10pm- midnight at a common hangout called domestics on the corner of balboa and gennesee. They are gonna try and gather support form as many people as possible to get this thing going and they will be sharing news of the progress so far.

I'll try and keep you guys updated as much as possible, also if any of you would like to come out and support this on saturday night 11-9-02 I can give you directions on how to get there.

Thanks

Collin

MaaadNYCe
11-07-2002, 11:49 PM
Sounds tight. Keep us posted!

Ben Carufel
11-07-2002, 11:53 PM
I'd go -- Balboa and Genesee is just across the canyon from my house since I'm in UC -- but I don't like associating with ricers that much, and from what I've heard this is going to have a lot of ricers in attendance...but please keep us posted...that would kick ass...I heard some talk about putting a road course in near Qualcomm Stadium, but that never got off the ground...

SSilver
11-08-2002, 12:11 AM
yes there will be a lot of ricers in attendance but thats the only way to get the amount of support needed. There are so many ricers out there that are willing to support this and we need all the help we can get.

Its for sure, Sat. Night on the corner of balboa and gennesee. I get off work at 10pm and I am gonna head down right after work. If you guys do show up look for me, I have a Silver 98' Camaro SS. My name is Collin don't hesitate to come say hi.

Thanks

Collin

MaaadNYCe
11-08-2002, 03:40 AM
Yeah but sounds like cops will be out ticketing us as if we were at the drags bcuz it is after all, Saturday nite.

SSilver
11-08-2002, 10:24 AM
This isn't where they race, alot of people just meet up there to see the cars and whatnots, people leave from there to go race but no racing actually goes on there. No one has had any problems with the cops lately about going to "domestics"

95sdm3
11-27-2002, 06:54 AM
that would be great if the city would finally do something. let us know