PDA

View Full Version : Does heated seats = heated mirrors?

M3 Pete
03-02-2001, 07:45 PM
I bought my car used, and it has heated seats. However, the mirrors stay fogged up for a long time even when I turn on the seat heaters. Did all cars with heated seats come with heated mirrors too? My 1995 325 had heated mirrors and seats, and it was nice to have. I'm wondering if it needs service?

tampaturbom3
03-02-2001, 08:58 PM
yep,, heated seats does mean heated mirrors...
something's wrong. my heated stuff comes in real handy down here in florida....LOL

Kevlar
03-02-2001, 10:06 PM
When I got my car... my heated mirrors didn't work. So I took it to the dealer. Said they found an open circuit in both mirrors and they replaced them.

Ok... 3-4 months later... now my mirrors are always freakin' HOT! So I'm guessing the heated mirrors are stuck in the ON position. I'll be going back to the dealer soon. I'm probably going to time it so I can get a rent a truck to help my friend move at the same time.

Harvey Huffman
03-03-2001, 01:49 AM
Heated mirrors on all E36 M3's. Tied in w/ rear window defroster circuit not the heated seats!

tampaturbom3
03-03-2001, 10:51 AM
that's true,, but i thought i heard that the heated mirrors were part of the option of heated seats...
can't recall where i heard it,,, oh well

AlphaKennyOne ///M3
03-03-2001, 08:32 PM
I have heated seats and that does make sense that the heated seats was an option WITH the heated mirrors....My side mirrors ARE ALWAYS on though....nothing is wrong with that right?!?!?!? I mean it's not like burning hot or anything....just hot enough so it could defrost the mirror if it gets fog (but it never does).

Another question:
My passenger side seats are working fine....but my driver side heated seats are weird....sometimes they work sometimes they don't. And when they do work....it doesn't heat the whole seat like what it use to....anyone got any ideas?!?!?

Thanks!
Alan Nguyen