PDA

View Full Version : SMS was VERY helpful in the Zeemax crisis!

DarthMaul
03-01-2001, 08:41 PM
hey everyone,

i just spoke to david at sms (formerly the official distributor of zeemax body kits) and he was extremely helpful in explaining the situation that recently occurred between zeemax (or zeemax international design as they're now called) and sms.

he was very supportive in my case (i just bought a zeemax slimline body kit and was worried about fit, quality, and whether my local shop could install it properly.

i reccommend that if any of you are interested in these body kits (and others that sms are developing) give him a call.

this relieved me of like 50% of my worries with this kit so far.

here's his contact info:

David
SMS MOTORSPORT
TEl - 707 569 1309.

richard
'96 m3

LUKESKYWALKER
03-02-2001, 03:52 AM
Dave is a coward and a cheat. He has been popping off (copying) zeemax parts and selling them to unsuspecting customers. I can guarantee 100% that the kit you have (slimline) is a fake..how do I know? Because two people who were cheated by Zeemax and actually caught SMS, told Zeemax international. They caught them by buying original pieces (because they had such a hard time fitting and installing the SMS PIECES) from Zeemax and compared them to the shit that SMS sold them. And let me tell you the scene was absolutely awful. One guy spent 7,000 for a widebody and fake wheels and didn't get a penny back and supposedly the guy who uncovered SMS got his money back but was forced to sign a gag order (to shut him up from filing a class action lawsuit..search bimmer.org archives if you don't believe me) to get the money that was rightfully his anyway.

Facts about SMS and Zeemax:

Zeemax has only exported 3 widebody kits in the US.......ever...
SMS (when a distributer for Zeemax) sold over 25. How is this possible..the truth came out that he copied everything he bought from zeemax international. And now Zeemax is trying to regain their name back with the two widebodies in colorado because the shit that SMS sold was not even remotely close to the fit and strength of the original Zeemax. Still don't believe me....I'm sure everyone has seen that horrid zeemax widebody on the cover of BMW POWER right? Well look at the car does'nt it look kitted up? Oh and how cool, the guy shaved the moldings..right.... wrong he shaved the moldings because the piece of shit that SMS sold him never lined up. THE BODY LINES WERE SO OFF THAT EXTRA TIME WAS PUT IN TO HIDE IT. The original piece that zeemax sells is so dead on you would think the pieces were factory and the quality is outstanding. So don't ever trust SMS and especially Dave. Oh and by the way ZEEMAX HAS NOT SOLD ANYTHING TO SMS IN THE LAST TWO YEARS!!!!! EITHER SMS HAS A HUGE STORAGE AT HIS HOUSE (WHERE HE WORKS FROM BECAUSE NO ONE HAS SEEN HIS SHOP) OR THE TRUTH IS 100% TRUE.

DarthMaul
03-02-2001, 02:51 PM
i hear what you're saying and now neither side makes sense again....same as before.

i cannot get anything confirmed because if i ask "zeemax" or whoever answers their emails i get such crappy answers you'd swear someone just made that shit up...

yes, i saw that car in the magazine and of course it looked a bit funky without the side moldings.

recalling dado's car i also noticed the slimline kit (if dado's is real) doesn't really afford the use of side moldings either. if you look at the bumpers they lack the side molding altogether.

what would clear everything up is if someone posted some REAL pictures of what supposedly is the REAL kit. then people can see the differences rather than having to read all the hearsay back and forth...

even if the shop in colorado is the "official" zeemax representative it still sucks cuz no one (normal) at least will ship their damn car across the country to put some kit on their car. well, at least not the 99.98% of m3 owners who actually like their cars.

i'm not taking sides. i'm just hearing the same stories about each side so it's very hard to tell what's true.

LUKESKYWALKER
03-03-2001, 05:07 AM
<eom>