PDA

View Full Version : UnlimitedLaps track event at Thunderhill 10/2/02

mobeejr
09-10-2002, 02:19 AM
Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know that there is a track event at Thunderhill on Wednesday October 2. The event is put on by Unlimited Laps (check http://www.unlimitedlaps.com for more information) and it’s $185 for the day. I’ve been to their events at Thunderhill and Buttonwillow and have had a great time. The basic format is very typical of these track events, 3 driver groups (beginner, intermediate, advanced) in 20-minute sessions all day long with a completely open session to all driver groups at the end of the day. Instructors are available for all driver levels. A few things that they do differently that I really enjoyed were; instructor based classroom style learning between sessions for beginners and the awesome bbq lunches. They also provide drinks and snacks all day long. If you’ve ever been interested in a track event this is the time. I think they’ve also go Laguna Seca Raceway for later this year.

Cheers,
/alf/

2pups
09-10-2002, 11:38 AM
Saw that; I am prolly going to make it -- any other Bay Area folk? I'll post this on the Roadfly forum; see if there's any interest...

C.Yang
09-10-2002, 03:39 PM
thats cheap. im gonna jump on that i believe. gotta check the schools schedule first. you know how many people they allow to sign up?

badmonkey
09-10-2002, 04:01 PM
While I haven't run with them yet, I know several who have, all recommended Unlimited Laps. If my new suspension shows up in time, and if I can also swing a new set of track rims, I'll be looking to sign up.

See you there...maybe:confused:

-John

C.Yang
09-11-2002, 09:02 PM
i signed up. gotta ditch a day of school, but a small price to pay. any other bay area guys goin? we could do a drive up together or something

kitwetzler
09-13-2002, 09:00 PM
I'll be there. Not sure if I'm bringing the M3 or the other car... (NX2000)

I'm instructing, though...

C.Yang
10-03-2002, 12:52 AM
hey kit, was that u with the broken down M3 & at Mc Donalds? sux about your car