PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay/Central Coast Drive; Hwy 25 Lots of twisties! (29/30?)

Mr.2Boosted
06-22-2002, 10:55 PM
I don't know about you guys, but a couple of the Corrado peeps are ready to have some fun with our cars this upcoming weekend (29th/30th? you guys vote). Highway 9 has been done and is a bit too crowded, 1 is an all day drive kinda thing and is too busy so I run through the Central Coast will be ideal and a lot more fun for a half day run! No traffic on a fun road + cool cars = :alright . In addition, this route will gave us more options. I remember driving from Stanford down to Santa Cruz via 9 and back up to Fremont via 17/880 and I was tired. This will be a bit longer so some might want to take a shorter route. Either route we take, we'll meet up in San Jo @ 10ish, leave 11ish, maybe a bit later if you enough lazy people protest. From San Jo, we will take 101 South to 152 East to 25 South. 25 will basically be the main attraction. It is about 60 miles long beginning in Hollister. From 25, we have a couple options; In the middle of 25, Los Gatos Road cuts in and heads east. It is about 50 miles long and will end very close to 5 which we can take back up to 580/Hayward. Or take 25 all the way down to 198 East, to 5N. From 5, we can split up for those that live on different sides of the Bay. Highway J1 goes west from 5 back to 25 and you can take 101 home. Also, from the end of 25, you can 198 West to 101 to Carmel Valley Road and head up North from there. Personally, my vote goes to this:
http://www.pashnit.com/maps2/HighwayJ1loop.gif.
It allows those in the Bay Area to meet up @ San Jo and those that are in Santa Cruz/Monterey Area to maybe meet us up right before 25 =). Either way, Im sure it'll be fun. Im pretty sure 10 or so people are willing to sign up so as long as weather permitting, it should be a go :clap: .

Mr.2Boosted
06-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Well, since no one has responded here :dunno , others have decided to make it a go this upcoming Saturday. We'll meet in San Jo around 10:30 ish and leave 11:30 SHARP! (somewhere off Stevens Creek exit) hit up 101 to Hollister and enjoy 25 as much as possible :buttrock . Im guessing if we dont have any problems on the way (fingers crossed), we'll be @ the end of 25 ~1:30, 2 @ the latest and start headin back home. So come on guys sign up!!!!! Its just going to be a bunch of car enthusiasts taking on some twisty (and emtpy) roads. :b_blue:

Filip75
06-24-2002, 12:28 AM
I'd do it, but I have school those days (go figure- it's a weekend),

and I wouldn't wanna be the only cheapo in a lineup (or it might mean, that I should not get pulled over, when there's a lot of modded M3 around me)

Mr.2Boosted
06-24-2002, 12:40 AM
this is not a BMW only cruise. I personally dont even own one. I have a VW :devillook There will be wrx's, maybe some tt supras, rx7's, mostly vw's, and possibly an Mr2 or 2 :biglaughb I might end up riding shotgun if I dont get a leak fixed and new shocks installed (sittin in my room).

Mr.2Boosted
06-24-2002, 03:56 AM
Alright its only been like 24 hours since I've posted and I've received a lot of requests for more concrete info. Remember that I've posted on like 7 car forums so some have more info then others and I'm just copying and pasting this. Drive will be Saturday(29th) afternoon. Meeting spot has not been determined, but will be posted on Thursday night! It will be somewhere in the vicinity of 101 S near San Jo. So far, possible options are New Dimensions in Santa Clara, parking lot @ Stevens Creek Mall, but if we can meet up say in Morgan Hill at the same time, we'll get back home earlier. Meeting time is at 11:15 and we'll be departing @ 12 SHARP! We?ll cruise down to Hollister via 101 S which should take about 25 minutes, take 152 East for another 5 minutes. We'll make a pit stop Hollister or wherever 152 meets 25. 25 is approximately 60 miles long! Here is a great write up about this road: http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway25.htm . (btw, I hope some of you have a Valentine 1 or at least the leader of the pack) By the time we reach the end of 25, I'm guessing it'll be 2:30 at the VERY LATEST (ignore what I have stated in pervious posts about ending times). We'll make another pit stop and start heading back. There are two options as shown on the map; 1. 101 N 2. 5N to 580 West. It depends on what is most convenient for you to get home. Anyone have a clue which will have less traffic on a Saturday? Also, please bring two way radios. They will be very helpful along the way esp if there is a big turn out and remember that this is not a race. No smack talking about how my car is better then yours, etc. There will be a wide variety of cars that have many different road handling abilities. If you want to pass someone, do it in a wise manner (flash lights/turn signal/etc). If you are 100% sure you can make it, please email me with your name, which forum your responding from, SN on that forum, as well as car model to zhanahkahbahz@yahoo.com so I can keep an "official" list. If you have any ?'s, please ask know or forever hold your peace. L8tr

Mr.2Boosted
06-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Well the meeting spot has been decided upon:

New Dimensions Ltd.
2240 De La Cruz Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95050

We will meet here @ 10:45 and leave at 11:30 SHARP! I made it half an hour early becuase of the drive from 101 to 25 might bring about some complications with traffic, some have to work later that day, etc. If you need directions, use www.mapquest.com .
I also noticed that some people interested in the drive are located in Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas. Rather then drive all the way up to Santa Clara, you can meet us in Gilroy. The address is:
Vieira's Shell
850 Pacheco Pass Hwy
Gilroy,CA 95020
We'll make a pit stop at this gas station. Be sure to be there @ 12:00. (I have been there is a parking lot across the street from the gas station. If so, we'll park over there until everyone is ready to hit up 25.) Please bring your two way radios. If you have an extra pair or can borrow a set from a friend, please do so. It'll make things go smoother with 15+ cars. Also, anyone with a fairly nice digicam, you know what to do. If you have any ?'s, email me at zhanahkahbahz@yahoo.com or IM me on AIM; zhanahkahbahz. Hope to see you guys there!

Mr.2Boosted
06-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Alrighty, this is the last bump before the the drive. I hope to see at least 1 Bimmer. You guys gotta represent :buttrock