PDA

View Full Version : Peake Research R5/FCX II reset tool

spike01
04-27-2005, 10:21 PM
I just got my R5/FCXII reset tool (for 87 - 2003 BMWs) from Peake Research. It showed up about a week after I ordered it so I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent service. If anyone in the Winnipeg area is in need of a reset or diagnostic you're welcome to use it for free. (spike01@mts.net) Has anyone had any experience with these things? It's not going to blow up my car is it???

yellowbullet
04-28-2005, 02:11 PM
too bad you're not in my area...i am in need of one SO bad...i just put an order in though.

and no, it's not going to blow your car up. if you don't use it though, then your car might :stickoutt

spike01
04-29-2005, 12:13 AM
I was doing some surfing yesterday and discovered that somebody on the web has detailed a procedure to build your own reset tool using an alligator clip and a wire. (Sorry, not sure which site that was) He simply grounds the correct pin for the correct number of seconds and the system will reset itself. Could have saved some coin I guess but the reset tool also does diagnostics so it's not a total waste.

yellowbullet
05-02-2005, 01:42 AM
I was doing some surfing yesterday and discovered that somebody on the web has detailed a procedure to build your own reset tool using an alligator clip and a wire. (Sorry, not sure which site that was) He simply grounds the correct pin for the correct number of seconds and the system will reset itself. Could have saved some coin I guess but the reset tool also does diagnostics so it's not a total waste.

oh woops, i already made that myself lol. i misread and thought you had the code reader/reset...the oil/inspection reset DIY tool was easy to make!