PDA

View Full Version : Why is M3 shoping so hard?

Lohe
04-18-2005, 09:40 PM
It is imposible to find one you like I have decided! I give up I am just going to go buy a honda or toyota or something. :help

I found one that was pretty sweat but they guy had swiched out the seat leathers and put in the cloth/suede ones in. Not to sure what I think of that. And it is in PA. But it did have some nice stuff done. Plus its a BMW sales man that owns it. And I think it just came out or still is under CPO war.

Jim Conforti Shark Injection(Worth about 20 horses)
(Will Supply Injector With Car)
East Coast Induction System Cold Air Induction(Worth About 5 Horses)
Sparco Front Strut Tower Brace
BMW Motorsport X-Brace
Koni Shocks and Struts(Fronts adjustable on the car,
Backs Must Be off the Car)
Rebuilt Brake Calipers, Powder Coated Them(Silver)
and installed Stainless Steel Brakes Hoses :buttrock ( a must have)
Rogue Engineering Short Shifter Kit with WSR(Weighted Selector Rod)
Replaced Back Shelf with Brand New Piece. (It Turned Purple)
Depo European Ellipsoid Headlamps with Angel Eyes
Replaced Chrome Kidney Grills with Blackout Ones

Car Stereo
Kenwood Head Unit KDC-MP925
Audiobahn Separates 5 ¼ with 1 Inch Tweeters
Kicker 8 Inch Free Air Subs in Back Deck
JL Audio 300/4 Amp(75 Watts per Channel)
Kenwood Music Keg with 10 Gig Hard Drive

(Have Software and USB Cradle)
(Music Keg is only thing I am not sure if I want to part with)

Present Condition

Just had car inspected(PA State Inspection)
Tires(Michelin Pilot Sport PS2) are 7/32 all around
Wheel are Contours Staggered(7.5 in front / 8.5 in rear)
Just had oil changed
Just got a new Catalytic Converter with 2 New O2 Sensors

Seems pretty good. I just cant bring my self to pay 1000 bucks for shipping... that could buy some cool mod's instead :)

Teh Slows
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
Just close your eyes and hand them the money. ;)

chasmanbmwfan
04-18-2005, 09:48 PM
FYI: I bought a Land Cruiser once on ebay in Ohio. I paid the $1000 to have it trucked out here on an autohauler. When it arrived, it had serious damage from belt rub. Also, one section of the bumper was missing. Fortunately, the seller had many photos to document the pre-shipping condition and we were able to get the shipper to pay for the damage (about $1200).
It was a major pain for my seller, but fortunately for me he was willing to work through the bureaucracy to get the claim processed.
Another option (and one that is infinitely more fun) would be to just fly out there and drive it home).

Antwerp
04-18-2005, 09:51 PM
This good advice for my father. He's about to ship his M5 to Dinan for the S/C...

Lohe
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Ya thought of that its around 2400 miles. Thats a long drive. Plus wouldnt be much cheaper. 250 in gas 200 plane ticket. 140 motel's ........ Plus its 2400 miles :)

Lohe
04-18-2005, 09:57 PM
This good advice for my father. He's about to ship his M5 to Dinan for the S/C...

Now I would drive that thing to cali. Well at least go pick it up so I could drive home on the new SC.

Edit: Oh ya is he going to get the cam's also? I kinda asume he would since he is geting the SC might as well eh?

black325isgirl
04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Ya thought of that its around 2400 miles. Thats a long drive. Plus wouldnt be much cheaper. 250 in gas 200 plane ticket. 140 motel's ........ Plus its 2400 miles :)

Then you have to add on getting stuck in some lame town for a couple days because the seller wasn't exactly 'accurate' in their description of the car... :(

Tonus
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
wait!!!

wait for another car. I found a sweet Techno Violet in NY, was [-----] this close to flying out there and driving it back. Glad I didn't, I actually got my Dakar in Texas and that was a bitch in its self getting it back to UT. I can't even imagine driving back from back East, and I am the king of roadtrips. Maybe its the fact I would hate to throw that many miles on it so soon.

Antwerp
04-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Now I would drive that thing to cali. Well at least go pick it up so I could drive home on the new SC.

Edit: Oh ya is he going to get the cam's also? I kinda asume he would since he is geting the SC might as well eh?
That's correct. He's going to drive it home. :evil2
I'm half tempted to drive there just to drive back with him, but then again, I'd never keep up! :stickoutt

wait!!!

wait for another car. I found a sweet Techno Violet in NY, was [-----] this close to flying out there and driving it back. Glad I didn't, I actually got my Dakar in Texas and that was a bitch in its self getting it back to UT. I can't even imagine driving back from back East, and I am the king of roadtrips. Maybe its the fact I would hate to throw that many miles on it so soon.

Jebus! That's a lot of driving. I don't think I'd mind drivin from NY, if I had 2 weeks to do it. :D

Teh Slows
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Brother flew to South Carolina and drove home straight with no radio. only stopped for gas and an hour nap.

I would have fallen asleep for sure.

jmabey
04-19-2005, 02:06 PM
the shipping company we use is Horseless carriage, its a great compay! the inside of their truck is all covered in stained wood. heres a link to the site
http://www.horselesscarriage.com/profile.html
it is very expensive but well worth the money, it was 4500 to ship a G Wagon from New York to salt lake

Antwerp
04-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks. I'll pass that along. I know he wants to have an enclosed cargo area.
He said he's purchased $150K of insurance for it. :eyecrazy

chasmanbmwfan
04-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Brother flew to South Carolina and drove home straight with no radio. only stopped for gas and an hour nap.

I would have fallen asleep for sure.

Sunflower seeds and diet Coke are your friends.

Lohe
04-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Ya if I get it I probley will drive it back. Just not sure when. If I flew on friday and picked it up that day and drove all weekend I might be able to make it back before school on monday. But I also need to bring it to Utah so I can register it there...

Lohe
04-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Here it is.. still not sure if I like what he did with the seat leather. ( It is what the LTW M3's had I belive)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6131&item=4544154403&rd=1

Antwerp
04-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Ya, if that pattern wasn't on the seats it would look better for sure...

Wonder if you could dye the fabric or something? :dunno

///Molloy
04-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Here it is.. still not sure if I like what he did with the seat leather. ( It is what the LTW M3's had I belive)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6131&item=4544154403&rd=1

The Alcantera / Leather mix-and-match is no good.
If they were all Mtech cloth seats, than that car would totally pone.

my $0.02

Tonus
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
the patter on the seats do take a bit to get used,......................okay I'm used to them.......................................you will stick like glue to those babies. LTW had the combo, very very very rare.

One of the professors at the U I talk to frequently (still trying to catch him on a good day for a drive) has an Estoril with cloth seats, very rare actually had a lot of people make offers on his car even though its not for sale.

classy and different

GO GET IT!!!!

jmabey
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
dont you have different seats in your car right now? you could always change them if you hate them. im not a big fan of the pattern though. the cloth in the competiton package e46 m3 doesnt look as crazy

Antwerp
04-19-2005, 08:54 PM
...you will stick like glue to those babies.

That's a big advantage, I've always thought the E46 M3 Leather Seats are way too slick and lack support.
I really like the E36 Seats! :thumbup:

Lohe
04-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Ya I have Corbue seats in my 325 right now.. But I dont think I want to put them in my M most likley just sell them instead. Maybe down the road put the new FX1 Pro in they are a newer version of the ones I have and look alot better. Plus 4 lbs lighter smaller ect.