PDA

View Full Version : Ut-Front license plates

VitSports6
04-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi all.
I dont have a front plate yet but I dont see where it would be mounted :nono I know if you get a parking ticket in SLC and dont have a front plate they give extra bonus point's...Any idea's?

jmabey
04-14-2005, 01:39 AM
i dont either and i've never had a problem

VitSports6
04-14-2005, 01:42 AM
The parking issue is in Down town SLC, Where we will be doing a fair bit of parking...Work related ;) and if the meter expires you will get a "no front plate" ticket.
Just trying to keep it legit...s-all :devillook

Tonus
04-14-2005, 02:51 AM
U of U student here!!!!!!!!!

You'll have to get a front mount for your license plate. I did but hate the look when its not parked so I switch it out when I take off. For my first offense on my M I was very "honest" :rolleyes with the hearing officer and told him I just purchased the car from Texas and being the car it is I didn't "know" I had to have a front plate. No problema and I was slapped on the wrist with a down feather, no biggie!!!!

Also in case you don't know, because they don't or won't post this; Parking enforcers do remember cars, so don't park in the 1 hour meters and then move your car an hour later to another spot, they will ticket you, trust me they can do this.

You have been warned!!! :D

Tonus
04-14-2005, 02:54 AM
ohh ya and you can't stick it in your front windshield either. I used that once too, I got off by telling the hearing officer that I must save my money for books I never read because I use other kids books in class that don't speak english very well........well I think that's the excuse I used?! ;)

VitSports6
04-14-2005, 09:22 AM
Also in case you don't know, because they don't or won't post this; Parking enforcers do remember cars, so don't park in the 1 hour meters and then move your car an hour later to another spot, they will ticket you, trust me they can do this.

They mark your tires, and Im sure there is a bit of remembering as well...Look's like I need to spend more $$ :rolleyes
Thanks for the input :buttrock

euro4life
04-14-2005, 09:24 AM
ohh ya and you can't stick it in your front windshield either. I used that once too, I got off by telling the hearing officer that I must save my money for books I never read because I use other kids books in class that don't speak english very well........well I think that's the excuse I used?! ;)
You're so bad.

It's amazing, the things we think of.

black325isgirl
04-14-2005, 11:21 AM

I had mine in my front windshield for 2 years in my firebird. Got pulled over twice and neither officer said a thing about it...:dunno

Makr
04-14-2005, 12:25 PM

Nice Silvia

Teh Slows
04-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Here, we will trade. You give me your front plate delete strip, and I'll give you my mount. deal?

VitSports6
04-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Here, we will trade. You give me your front plate delete strip, and I'll give you my mount. deal?
If you were asking me, I will have a look and see what we can do ;)
Thanks

Teh Slows
04-14-2005, 03:25 PM
sweet :)

VitSports6
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
sweet :)
I see how you are...trying to get the car piece by piece :nono

Just kiddin :D

Teh Slows
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I will have an M3...piece by piece it will be mine.

SehrSchnell
04-15-2005, 01:09 AM
I do believe that somewhere in the laws there is a statement about vehicles that came from the factory with no plate mount need not have one.

The delete strip looks pretty natural to me.....:dunno

jmabey
04-15-2005, 01:16 AM
I do believe that somewhere in the laws there is a statement about vehicles that came from the factory with no plate mount need not have one.

The delete strip looks pretty natural to me.....:dunno
what if the cop notices the two tiny holes that the bolts went in? :shifty

SehrSchnell
04-15-2005, 01:19 AM
what if the cop notices the two tiny holes that the bolts went in? :shifty

Then your phockled.

Sucks to be a e46 in that aspect. what was bmw thinking.

jmabey
04-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Then your phockled.

Sucks to be a e46 in that aspect. what was bmw thinking.
:( could i say it was for a euro licence plate and that a u.s. one wouldnt fit so i had it removed.....

SehrSchnell
04-15-2005, 01:25 AM
:( could i say it was for a euro licence plate and that a u.s. one wouldnt fit so i had it removed.....

"tell it to the judge"

jmabey
04-15-2005, 01:32 AM
"tell it to the judge"
if i responded "tell it to my ass!" would they take me on a ride in their car?:)

BIMMERBOYZ
04-15-2005, 01:36 AM
On all my cars I dont have a front license plate. I had a dark tinted cover for the back plate that got me pulled over two or three times on my 323i and then they said something about the front and I said it has euro brackets/holes and wont hold a U.S. one(truth). But they don't usually say anything about it. Only when I piss them off

chmdrm
04-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I got pulled over for no front plate in the DSM once. It has Quebec plates on it and they only do a rear plate. There was also no place to put a front plate anyway. He was pretty pissed that he could not give me a ticket. Motorcycle cops :(

Never been hassled for it in the Bimmer, I know that Cali has a deal that says you must only have one if there is a place for it from the factory, not sure about Utah.

I do know some 2G DSM guys who's cars don't have a place that have been ticketed for it however. One guy even went as far as bending the plate so it would mold on to the front bumper.

Seems to be one of those judgement call deals - if you look like you are driving speed racer you will get a ticket, if you look like you stole your dads family car you won't.

Thus I drive a boring 4 door luxo car :)

Makr
04-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I got a warning for no front plate, but he gave me a ticket for no seat belt.

SehrSchnell
04-15-2005, 08:16 PM
I gave myself a ticket once. But then I signed it off and all was well.

///Molloy
04-15-2005, 08:18 PM
I gave myself a ticket once. But then I signed it off and all was well.

schnell quit post whoring..

you are making anthony look bad

SehrSchnell
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
schnell quit post whoring..

you are making anthony look bad

I take advantage when they are gone. Tactical.

///Molloy
04-15-2005, 08:27 PM
I take advantage when they are gone. Tactical.

special weapons and tactics... where were ya Tactics?

SehrSchnell
04-17-2005, 02:23 AM
special weapons and tactics... where were ya Tactics?

Kkkkkkkksssshhhh I copy you Tac1 Kkkkkkssssshhhhhh The eagle has landed, shoot the bird in the wing Kkkkkkkkssssssshhhhhh Over and out.

gtiguy
04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I looked up a few Utah traffic laws awhile ago to help a "friend". Here's the license law and some other interesting things that are against the law:

41-1a-404. Location and position of plates.
(1) License plates issued for a vehicle other than a motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer shall be attached to the vehicle, one in the front and the other in the rear.
(2) The license plate issued for a motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer shall be attached to the rear of the motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer.
(3) Every license plate shall at all times be:
(a) securely fastened:
(i) in a horizontal position to the vehicle for which it is issued to prevent the plate from swinging;
(ii) at a height of not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of the plate; and
(iii) in a place and position to be clearly visible; and
(b) maintained:
(i) free from foreign materials; and
(ii) in a condition to be clearly legible.

41-6-148.31. (1) (b) Except for original equipment, the use of spacers to increase wheel track width of any vehicle is prohibited.

41-6-149. (1) Except as provided in Subsections (2) and (3), a person may not operate a motor vehicle with:
(a) a windshield that allows less than 70% light transmittance;
(b) a front side window that allows less than 43% light transmittance;
(c) any windshield or window that is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material or component that presents a metallic or mirrored appearance;

VitSports6
04-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I looked up a few Utah traffic laws awhile ago to help a "friend". Here's the license law and some other interesting things that are against the law:

41-1a-404. Location and position of plates.
(1) License plates issued for a vehicle other than a motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer shall be attached to the vehicle, one in the front and the other in the rear.
(2) The license plate issued for a motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer shall be attached to the rear of the motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer.
(3) Every license plate shall at all times be:
(a) securely fastened:
(i) in a horizontal position to the vehicle for which it is issued to prevent the plate from swinging;
(ii) at a height of not less than 12 inches from the ground, measuring from the bottom of the plate; and
(iii) in a place and position to be clearly visible; and
(b) maintained:
(i) free from foreign materials; and
(ii) in a condition to be clearly legible.

41-6-148.31. (1) (b) Except for original equipment, the use of spacers to increase wheel track width of any vehicle is prohibited.

41-6-149. (1) Except as provided in Subsections (2) and (3), a person may not operate a motor vehicle with:
(a) a windshield that allows less than 70% light transmittance;
(b) a front side window that allows less than 43% light transmittance;
(c) any windshield or window that is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material or component that presents a metallic or mirrored appearance;

Great info, Thanks! I was wondering about the mirrored tint, Not fully mirrored but kinda, only on the rear and sides.
I hope this wont detract from our possible trade Slow's ;)
Thanks again