PDA

View Full Version : Another cloudless 80+ day here in Palm Beach:)

Andrew 97M3
02-28-2001, 10:23 AM
cruisin with all windows down, sunroof open, and stereo cranked up...man i love s. florida

Kevlar
02-28-2001, 10:28 AM
I hear ya... I wish I wasn't locked inside my office building today... I'd be cruisin'

Andrew 97M3
02-28-2001, 10:38 AM
kevlar

man sorry to here your stuck in the office today but the weekend is almost here:)

When are we all gonna get together for a meet? I have no problems driving down south, hopefully soon!

CMT
02-28-2001, 01:24 PM
I would give anything to be at my Naples home right now. Hey Andrew, where in Palm Beach are you located? We used to have a house in Palm Beach gardens, up near Jupiter, at a development called Frenchman's Creek. We were then building at Ibis near PGA National before Dad got the coast-hopping bug and moved shop entirely.

T///MW
02-28-2001, 01:27 PM
another sub 20 degree day here in Boston, fortunately no snow...just ice!

CMT
02-28-2001, 01:36 PM
So true, so true. But the harshness of the winter makes the spring explosion that much more intense! And we better have a summer this year, no more of that 50 degree and rain garbage.....

Andrew 97M3
02-28-2001, 04:09 PM
CMT-

I guess I should add the Gardens to the Palm Beach because I've been living in PGA National for the past 16 years..My brother owns a house (which is up for sale) in BayHill Estates which is just past Ibis...I know a few people who live in Frechman's...real nice place...

Pras
02-28-2001, 04:14 PM
I know what you mean... I was in West Palm at Coral Sky for Buffett just a few days ago and it was beautiful. Orlando has been pretty decent, too...

Now I'm in Boston, and on my way to Wisconsin... oh, the things we'll do for money. :)

Cheers,
Dave

ChrisFL
02-28-2001, 06:13 PM
Can't wait to come back home to my father's for Spring break. You all know Vero Beach? That's where my father lives. Cruisin' down A1A with sunroof open and windows down can't be beat!

CMT
02-28-2001, 11:26 PM
For two years I went to Rollins College in Winter Park, just north of Orlando. I used to fly down the turnpike with my "sportroof" off from Orlando to WPB for the weekend. Beautiful women, beautiful cars, and nothing but flat highways for some real felonius driving. Getting clowned by ridiculously fast 5.0 mustangs became a sort of hobby of mine. It is also of particular note that the most beautful "local" girl I ever drove home for the weekend was from Vero, and her house was a marble palace. My friend and I would always end up in Lake Worth racing mustangs over and over on this one bridge to the beach......overall the best time of my life so far.

We lived at beautiful PGA for five years, before Frenchman's, at 55 Dunbar. I learned my best tennis there, I think the pro's name was Mike Lynnville at the time. I still remember the clubhouse at New Years, always looking so ethereal from the 18th green. Nice place you've got yourself, Andrew. Plus the turnpike is right outside by Mobile, so you can hop right on and zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmm. :)

Bob ///M3
02-28-2001, 11:39 PM
I can't wait to be drive with the windows down and open the top all the time. Spring is right around the corner and the days are getting longer.

http://www.bobcrews.homestead.com/files/Flower_URL.gif

Bob <font color="1E90FF">/</font><font color="7D26CD">/</font><font color="red">/</font><b><font color="gray">M3</font></b>

tampaturbom3
03-01-2001, 08:03 AM
ditto,,, actually,, here now its to the point of maybe being too hot for the windows down all the time deal...
we've been driving around all open for a couple of months (or more) already.

Scott Yu
03-01-2001, 09:06 PM
Today I drove with the sunroof open and the windows down, for about 25 seconds. I don't know what I was thinking... hallucinating about spring I guess.

freezing in Boston,

scott

Originally posted by tampaturbom3
ditto,,, actually,, here now its to the point of maybe being too hot for the windows down all the time deal...
we've been driving around all open for a couple of months (or more) already.

ChrisFL
03-01-2001, 09:27 PM
Oh gawd i want to be back down there now. I can almost smell the salt in the air...

I live right off A1A and nothing beats cruisin' with the Florida sun in your face
oh well, I'll shut up now :)

jvit27
03-02-2001, 12:14 AM
Well its snowing in Boston(grr) and I still have a week til I go home to Ft Lauderdale for spring break.

What do you say we get a meet going for the weekend of March 10/11?

BTW Andrew, Get any pics of your car with the new Hamanns yet? Also how did Foreign do fixing the car?

Jonathan

Andrew 97M3
03-02-2001, 11:20 AM
Well I ended up giving the car to European Paint & Body and after a little over 2 months they finished. The car cosmetically looks great but there is a little shaking at high speeds now that hasn't been figured out yet...it's been back once and they supposedly corrected it but I am about to take it back to them again because it's still there...pain in the ass!

I'm going to try and take some pics today...