PDA

View Full Version : New Halogen Angel Eyes

spimentel
05-25-2002, 01:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Hi All:
I just purchased a set of Halogen Angel Eyes headlights for my 1997 528i and when I hooked them up I noticed that I am one plug short for the connection to the angel eye bulbs. I have the high beam, low beam and turn signal plugged in but these new headlights have a forth plug for the angel eyes which I cannot find on my 528. Can someone please help me out? I got the headlights at www.bekkers.com and they told me it was just going to be plug and play but I'm one plug short.....

kowached
05-27-2002, 10:53 PM
There is no plug and play here...

I just did the same to my 98 540i. It will require an additional $40 in parts from your local Audi dealer, soldering iron, heatshrink tubing, friction tape, and electrical tape.

Your current High and Low beam connectors are plug and play. Your current 3-wire turn signal connector will power the angel eyes and your new turn signal (sharing a common ground wire).

There are instructions at www.bmwtips.com; and I have my own instructions with pictures in Draft form that I will be happy to send to you (MS Word doc) if you provide me with your e-mail address.

Good luck, it was worth the time & $.