PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP on Front Seat Bracket install

Steve J.
05-16-2002, 07:03 PM
1988 m3, I am fitting in some OMP race seats we have laying around, and we got some OMP seat brackets. Only problem is this friggin fan duct that comes out under the seat is blocking the mount from sitting flush. Should we just cut it, and let it point right under the seat, or what? Thanks.

Bry
05-16-2002, 07:44 PM
A fan duct comming out from under the seat? I've never heard of this. Do you have any pictures?

Steve J.
05-16-2002, 07:55 PM
Under the passenger, and I am p[retty sure the drivers seat as well. Under the front half of the seat there is an inch high duct uder the carpet that exits through 4 "tips" that come off the one main flat tube. I am pretty sure its for circulation when a/c or heat is on. But we dont really need it, and I was wondering how everyone else installs seats, or has pictures of the mounts in the car. we have some OMP lightweight race seats we have had for a while, from an race car we used to play with, and they have just been sitting so we picked up some OMP mounts for them for an e30 m3. However it seems like the mounst are too level. I bolted them up so i can just sit in it, and it was WAY to upright. It needs to go backa good 20 degrees or more. It needs some major adjustment. Anyone who has race seats in an e30, let me know. thanks

JamesM3M5
05-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Those ducts are for rear heat only, they do not blow air with the A/C. Either way, they can be removed if you pull up the carpet (PITA) ot just cut them. They aren't worth much.

OMP probably made the brackets as low as possible without regards to the duct. I'd like to lower my seat another 2 inches, as my helmet hits the roof. You should mount the seat as low as you're comfortable with.

JamesM

Steve J.
05-17-2002, 04:56 PM
yea the seat seems like it's helmet clearance is fine, but the problem is that its WAY to upright. Your head is jerked foward, and its way to vertical. And Since the brackets have to stay level, you cant really make one on an angle and higher to give you a good angle for it to be leaned back. We'll figure something out, but its a PITA! Whatever it'll be good, just wanna make sure we're planted because I want to buy the 2nd generation MAF kit that justc ame out from SS, and with that power i'll need some seats to hold me in :biglaughb

Peace

thanks again

JamesM3M5
05-18-2002, 09:58 AM
The SS MAF controller is out now?! COOL!!! :buttrock :boink :alright

Bry
05-18-2002, 06:06 PM
Yep, a guy on Roadkill and DTMPower named HANDBLT just got the Gen II SS MAF kit.

I wonder how it is working so far?

SC87325is
05-22-2002, 04:44 PM
I mounted MOMO Seats with momo Brackets, and they are up an inch or so. Of course, the carpet (and almost everything else for that matter) is out of the car, making decisions like this much easier.

Steve J.
05-22-2002, 04:47 PM
Well one of the guys from DTM who has theGEn II said it was untuned and worked great. but the next day when he went to start his car, it did not turnover! Well hes figuring it out whats wrong, since he had to leave it at a family members house not close to him. But it looks like its a great product, and prob worth the money/hp/trq gains for the s14. I'll be picking one up as well as a supersprint euro resonator toward the end of this summer. peace