PDA

View Full Version : bummer, i'm a junior mint again...lol

tampaturbom3
02-26-2001, 08:04 AM
oh well,, it's the price we pay to get new and improved...
but hey,, this board is turbo charged!!
lets rock

Kevlar
02-26-2001, 08:40 AM
Don't feel bad... my hard earned 490 posts are gone too. All my valuable knowledge (or at least some of it) has been wisked away into cyberspace.

Jared
02-26-2001, 12:55 PM
On the plus side, this will give all of us an even start with Bob///M3! Although, I think he'll pull away quickly again... ;)

Bob ///M3
02-26-2001, 01:11 PM
Tommy, it's like pulling back to the "line" again...it's a whole new race!

Bob ///M3

jww///95
02-26-2001, 01:17 PM
Yeah, starting back at zero posts sucks :-(

But based on the speed improvement or us dial-up guys, i'd say it's worth it!

Bob ///M3
02-26-2001, 01:21 PM
Is the speed really a lot faster? It should be but I can't tell myself since I'm on broadband.

Bob ///M3

Originally posted by jww///95
But based on the speed improvement for us dial-up guys, i'd say it's worth it!

jww///95
02-26-2001, 01:27 PM
Not wanting to sound like an advertisement for some made for tv piece of crap, but...

"It's at least THREE times faster"

There, i said it... Seriously though, it is about three times faster for us lowly college students that can't afford dsl from their off-campus homes (it would take money away from the m3 :-)

C.Yang
02-26-2001, 06:24 PM
I can try to get my posts up to the psycho's of the board now :) Hope I won't result to posting meaningless posts like this to do it :). I like the overall layout of this board, except the opening screen where we gotta scroll down a mile. Why not put the M's up top. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure this M board has the most active members. Colors are nice, and attaching a file is pretty easy now. No uploading to outside servers and HTML'ing em in:) Unless you want to. A question is when posting pics, do you want us to stick to the 100k limit set by the attach file, if we link the pics from a different host?

C.Yang
02-26-2001, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by jww///95
, it is about three times faster for us lowly college students that can't afford dsl from their off-campus homes (it would take money away from the m3 :-)

Hahaha. For us in Santa Clara, the dorms are cheaper than living outside of the dorms. I know if I lived with my bro, he'd be losing about 1k in rent a month, which is more than if I live on campus, with a T1 :) Oh well, I guess living in a sardine can has its advantages.

Jeff P
02-26-2001, 06:34 PM
This is certainly faster than the older board... and we DO get an even start with Bob ///M3, although he appears to be in the lead again!! LOL

FatBoyM
02-26-2001, 07:31 PM
Hey Bob/Tommy.
At least you guys have lives again. . .

tampaturbom3
02-26-2001, 08:15 PM
we do??? what do you mean???
oh, the board is fixed and we can play some more,,,
oh,, i get it...LOL