PDA

View Full Version : Z8 vid

E36 Fanatic
02-27-2001, 03:10 PM
Hey guys - last weekend here at Clemson, the sports car club had an autocross. Two E36 M3's showed up, and one of them did a nasty 360 in one of the turns. Anyway, we're all watching, and this Z8 pulls in! I've seen one all locked up at a dealership, but never this close. After talking with the driver and cleaning up all the drool off the car, I took some footage of it. We tried to persuade him to take it for a run around the course we set up, but no dice. Turns out, the guy was breaking it in before the automotive press got their hands on it. Anyone who works for BMW (clemson is near the spartanburg plant) is a lucky bastard! This vid is nothing special, but here it is anyway...
http://people.clemson.edu/~pitassj/
Later
Nick

Andrew 97M3
02-27-2001, 03:41 PM
I'll take 1 of those please

C.Yang
02-27-2001, 06:04 PM
I'll keep my M, and buy a 270k house. Damn.

V Shah
02-27-2001, 06:43 PM
Actually, if any of you are seriously interested in the Z8, they can be had for <b>very</b> little over MSRP. The price gouging has calmed down quite a bit. Let me know if you are interested.

JT-KGY
02-28-2001, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by V Shah
Actually, if any of you are seriously interested in the Z8, they can be had for <b>very</b> little over MSRP. The price gouging has calmed down quite a bit. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm waiting for the price gouging to calm down on the E46 M3s...
:)

V Shah
02-28-2001, 03:21 PM
It'll happen. It's the same with all models. The prices skyrocket at first, and it calms down after a bit. Fortunately, as the market gets saturated with enough M3s, the price will drop. They are not going to be nearly as rare as the Z8s.

ChrisFL
02-28-2001, 10:06 PM
Hey, I'm in Clemson too! What M do you drive? I'd like to get in on the next meet you all set up. Don't have many friends around here into cars. Here's a pic of my car. Not as fast as an M, but it'll handle like it's on a rail. Seen it around?

By the way: I saw that exact car driving on I - 76 towards Anderson. In fact, I saw a black Z8 at Century BMW a few months back and it could be the same car too!! Hell, there can't be too many around here
Later
ChrisFL
bimmer42@lycos.com

E36 Fanatic
03-01-2001, 01:08 AM
Hey man - the sports car club here is having their next race on march 10th. I know a red '95 and a '99(?) silver M3 will be there. I drive a '95 Grand Prix GTP and plan on doing some runs then. I think I've seen your car cruizing around through town. Drop me an email or something....
ngerstn@clemson
Later
Nick