PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area BBQ/Pot Luck/Meet...March 23....

AvusBlau//M3
02-26-2002, 04:02 AM
Due to the weather condition the BBQ has been Rescheduled for April 14th. Hope everyone can make it. If you still haven't been sent a Evite please leave a E-mail address or send me a E-mail and Ill send out the Evite. Was looking forward to this too. Oh well. By the way Im still going out there this Saturday March 23 just in case people show up and wasn't told the BBQ has been rescheduled. If there is enough people and its nice out Ill plan a drive somewhere. If its raining will plan a indoor event. Other than that hope to see you all April 14th for the BBQ.
Johnny

Original Post!!
Alright all, I decided to put together a BBQ/Pot Luck/Meet about a month from now hopefully the weather will be nice out like its been for the past few days. Im going to need a respond with what some people are going to bring so we will have alot of food and utensils. If everyone could chip in with something that would be really cool. I found a nice park in Santa Clara where I think would be a perfect meet with no security guards or police to mess with us like the last meet at D&B's. It was a nice turn out by the way. Anyways heres the info, March 23 around 11:30 at Central Park. 900 Kiely Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95051 The address is actually Kaiser Hospital but its right across the street from it. If you have any more questions feel free to drop me a post. Hope to see you all there.
Johnny :clap:

AvusBlau//M3
02-27-2002, 01:59 PM
Dont miss this meet. Seems like alot of people are going to be showing up from the E-mails Ive been getting. E-mail me and let me know if you will be going.
Johnny

///Emtre
02-27-2002, 02:52 PM
What's Up Johnny?
I already replied to the thread on DTM but I'll reply here as well. Did you ever find out if alcohol is permited in the park? How about parking? Is there enough room at the park for everyone?

AvusBlau//M3
02-27-2002, 04:20 PM
I drove by yesterday and the park is somewhat combined with a library & pre school so the parking shouldn't be a problem. Well it looked big enough. Were probably going to have to take all the parking but oh well. :D As for alcohol....I dont see why it wouldn't. And besides if Cops do come I doubt they'll make a big deal out of it. Probably just make us throw them away if that. Dont trip. Bring whatever you want.
Johnny

Originally posted by ///Emtre
What's Up Johnny?
I already replied to the thread on DTM but I'll reply here as well. Did you ever find out if alcohol is permited in the park? How about parking? Is there enough room at the park for everyone?

///Emtre
02-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Great, I can't wait. Sounds like it should be a good turnout.:cheeburga :shine:

AvusBlau//M3
02-27-2002, 06:13 PM
By the number of E-mails Ive been getting I think its going to be packed. By the way, send me a E-mail so I can add you to my list of names on my address book. I got a Evite going so Ill save you on that list for more events to come. AvusBluM3_2NV@hotmail.com. Im working with Jay to get the Evite out to everyone so we can see what people are bringing. Were going to need alot of food. But it should be fun.
Johnny

Originally posted by ///Emtre
Great, I can't wait. Sounds like it should be a good turnout.:cheeburga :shine:

CrzyLiki
02-28-2002, 03:59 PM
Johnny,

It's probably a good idea to notify the city or whoever governs that park and reserve that site just for us. So the cops won't have a reason to kick us out. just like what happened @ D&B parking lot at Great Mall during the last meet.

Rick

AvusBlau//M3
02-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Im actually working on that. Im talking to Santa Clara Police Department to see if its okay and to make sure it lasts. Also tring to find the right person to contact so we can reserve the whole park and parking lot. Im on it. Thanks for the heads up though. I will keep this board as well as the others the out come.

Originally posted by CrzyLiki
Johnny,

It's probably a good idea to notify the city or whoever governs that park and reserve that site just for us. So the cops won't have a reason to kick us out. just like what happened @ D&B parking lot at Great Mall during the last meet.

Rick

Kyle K.
02-28-2002, 06:40 PM
HEY, I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO FINALLY GET TO A MEET!!!

I think I'm gonna be in Oakland then... would you guys mind a 16 year old punk runnin around:wave: How far away is Santa Clara from Oakland? My dad just moved up there and I haven't been back home since December so I have no idea what its like up there... Anyway, would it just be a meet/bbq or would there be a drive involved too?

AlphaKennyOne ///M3
02-28-2002, 06:45 PM
sounds good....haven't been to a meet in a while since I finally got my car back from the shop!!! hopefully we can do a drive after somewhere (the park is right next to my house so it won't be that much of a drive for me)

Alan Nguyen

AvusBlau//M3
02-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Sure we dont mind. Just as long as your easy going and easy to get along with. Bring no Drama and its all good. Im still debating if there will be a drive or not. Will see.

Originally posted by ///Mthusiast
HEY, I MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO FINALLY GET TO A MEET!!!

I think I'm gonna be in Oakland then... would you guys mind a 16 year old punk runnin around:wave: How far away is Santa Clara from Oakland? My dad just moved up there and I haven't been back home since December so I have no idea what its like up there... Anyway, would it just be a meet/bbq or would there be a drive involved too?

AvusBlau//M3
02-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Will see how everyone feels after we eat to see if everyone is up for a drive afterwards. Ill plan a route just in case.
Johnny

Originally posted by AlphaKennyOne ///M3
sounds good....haven't been to a meet in a while since I finally got my car back from the shop!!! hopefully we can do a drive after somewhere (the park is right next to my house so it won't be that much of a drive for me)

Alan Nguyen

Kyle K.
02-28-2002, 08:51 PM
LOL, no drama for me :)

I'm an easygoing kinda guy... and for some reason I generally get along well with people who are older than me:dunno I usually find alot of people my age to be a bit.... immature.....

Anyway, I'm not sure that I'll be up there by then, but if I am I'll bring my dads black e34 535i runnin 230k miles strong :clap: ... mod list is

- eibach springs, bilstein shocks, dinan chip, 17" polished 5 spokes, yoko rubber, painted calipers (the color blue in the bmw logo), drilled rotors, ss brake lines

unfortunately its an auto (my dad had a hip transplant surgury :( and had to sell his manual saab for the auto bimmer.... i think it was worth it :stickoutt )

edit: almost forgot, he also painted his intake manifold matte black... looks clean:redspot

AvusBlau//M3
03-01-2002, 12:35 AM
Well more the merrier I say. If you can head down bring some stuff for the BBQ. Well see you there if anything.
Johnny

Originally posted by ///Mthusiast
LOL, no drama for me :)

I'm an easygoing kinda guy... and for some reason I generally get along well with people who are older than me:dunno I usually find alot of people my age to be a bit.... immature.....

Anyway, I'm not sure that I'll be up there by then, but if I am I'll bring my dads black e34 535i runnin 230k miles strong :clap: ... mod list is

- eibach springs, bilstein shocks, dinan chip, 17" polished 5 spokes, yoko rubber, painted calipers (the color blue in the bmw logo), drilled rotors, ss brake lines

unfortunately its an auto (my dad had a hip transplant surgury :( and had to sell his manual saab for the auto bimmer.... i think it was worth it :stickoutt )

edit: almost forgot, he also painted his intake manifold matte black... looks clean:redspot

Poisoned Pony
03-01-2002, 03:45 AM
hey guys. Sorry to hear about what happened at your D&B meet. Same thing happened with us Mustang guys. Great Mall has pretty much turned a shoulder to auto guys when it comes to meets there. But anywhoo, I used to work at the hospital across the street(transfering back there in a few weeks) and on weekends, that street is pretty wide open for parking, just don't park in the hospital lot itself. The Security guys are morons and ticket anything that doesn't move in an hour.

AvusBlau//M3
03-01-2002, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tips and Ill make sure to let people know from here on forth not to park in the kaiser parking lot.

Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
hey guys. Sorry to hear about what happened at your D&B meet. Same thing happened with us Mustang guys. Great Mall has pretty much turned a shoulder to auto guys when it comes to meets there. But anywhoo, I used to work at the hospital across the street(transfering back there in a few weeks) and on weekends, that street is pretty wide open for parking, just don't park in the hospital lot itself. The Security guys are morons and ticket anything that doesn't move in an hour.

e28Jay
03-04-2002, 11:48 AM
Man if the weather was anything like it was this weekend we will be set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redspot :redspot :buttrock :buttrock

AvusBlau//M3
03-04-2002, 01:19 PM
The weather better be nice out. I spent alot of time and effort on this damn meet. hahaha. =P Naw but I heard it should be cool the rest of this month after this coming up 3 day rain. But anyways, all heres the update on the meet.

After a few days of talking with a few different Santa Clara PD's they said it shouldn't be a problem as long as were not disturbing the public and making alot of noise. So lets try to keep the stereo and reving down if possible. There going to talk to the higher people up and let them know for sure. Im also going to try to reserve that day for us so we can have all the parking lots and park to ourselves. I also checked out the parking lots and it seems like there should be way more than enough. Theres two big lots next to the park which is the parks and a school/library. Theres another one on homestead but think theres a gate to go into the park not to far either. And theres always the streets. But thats all for now. Ill keep you all posted.
Johnny

AvusBlau//M3
03-14-2002, 01:53 PM
Just checked the weather and it seems like its going to be a little gloomy but doesn't seem like its going to rain from what the weather people posted. But how accurate are they usually. :confused: Anyways, either way this is still a GO and hope to see you all there. Still no words from Santa Clara PD so Ill go one last time and see but if they keep pushing me off and cant give me a yes or a no....F*ck them! :mad: Ill throw it if they like it or not. :eek: Naw but Im really pushing to keep this legit. Wish me luck.
Johnny

AvusBlau//M3
03-19-2002, 02:07 AM
Okay Im going out there anyways at 11am just in case some people didn't hear that there wont be a BBQ...if there is a good amount and its nice out Ill plan a drive. If its wet out than will plan something indoor. If you still want to come out and join me and whoever else decides to come out than feel free to meet me there. Other than that the BBQ has been canceled till April 14th. Sorry everyone. Its just the weather can't make up its damn mind.
Johnny

Poisoned Pony
03-22-2002, 04:51 AM
mind if I drop by? I'm sort of a closet M3 freak

AvusBlau//M3
03-23-2002, 02:25 AM
Sure you can. Which one though? Tomorrow's meet or the BBQ in April? But either one feel free to drop by. If you want to go to the BBQ drop me a E-mail address I can send you a Evite too though.
Johnny

Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
mind if I drop by? I'm sort of a closet M3 freak

Poisoned Pony
03-23-2002, 02:38 AM
tomorrow's meet. Unfortunately, I'll be in LA attending a car show at Knott's Berry Farm on April 14th. You'll probably hear me before you see me :D

AvusBlau//M3
03-23-2002, 05:19 PM
Would like to Thank Robert, Keith, Seth, Matt, Gary, and Alan for coming out even though it was raining like crazy. For everyone else that showed up and didn't see anyone, sorry. We were there for about 40 mins and couldn't take standing in the rain any longer so we bounced to get some lunch. Well hope for Good weather mid April and lets get this BBQ rolling. :D See you all than.
Johnny

Hey Alan, you caught us up at the right time. Should have stay'd and kicked it but its cool. For sure hit up the April 14 BBQ though. See you than.

AvusBlau//M3
04-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Its going to be a little gloomy and cold out so bring some jackets. :( So far thats all I know. If anyone has suggestions if we should reschedule, which I dont want to do but if theres enough votes than consider it done. If not than Im expecting to see everyone out there. Or else!!! :mad: You dont want to see my mad side. hahaha :p
Johnny

cleoent
04-08-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm down to go johnny

///Emtre
04-09-2002, 07:02 PM
I'm starting a caravan for those that would like to all roll to the Pot Luck BBQ together. I'm coming from Sonoma County so if anyone from Marin or San Franciso would like to join either PM me or drop me an e-mail at Nived24@hotmail.com

For the Frisco Heads: If you'd like to go plan on meeting at the Stonestown Mall (South East Parking Lot facing 19th Ave.) around 10:15-10:30 and leave around 10:45-11 to the BBQ.

For the Marin Heads: Hit me up and we can pick a spot.

For the Sonoma County Heads: Plan on meeting at Panda Express Parking Lot in Petaluma around 9:30 (Get off at E. Washington, head east to the E. Washinton - Mc. Dowell intersection and make a right. Panda Express is on the left hand side about 200 yards from the intersection)

If anyone needs directions feel free to drop me a line.
Thanks,
Devin