PDA

View Full Version : E36 OBD1 Turbo ecu tune ?! Need help & Advice

325itdreams
04-21-2016, 09:19 AM
I was recently talking about boosting my car on here in a previous thread....
Goals, Specs & Ideas - 1994 325i I'm pretty sure it's single vanos kicks in around 4K Rpms or so , I having the absolute hardest time finding out what to do with my ecu 😡, I've been browsing around TRM & Rk Tunes as my last and final step once the funds are available I was looking for a slightly CHEAPER route at least that wouldn't result in 1.2-1.4 thousand dollars on the ecu I've been trying to find something used but I can't and I've been seeing multiple things about a chip tuning or flashing the stock ecu if also read about megasquirt but ( correct me if I'm wrong ) that seems to be for obd e36's ?? and leaning more towards the 2.8 liters ?? regardless if anyone is active on here and can give me feedback or work with me to get this thing tuned ?? it would be more than greatly appreciated

Build -
325i
Single Vanos ( to what I know )
All stock 150k miles
all maitnence is up to date and she's healthy
I daily this car and slide it whenever I can
I'm shooting for 250-300hp for daily reliability I don't daily the car really but I have in these last cold months it's warming up now and I'm ready for her to see some down time to get her right for the season with these power goals what can I do or go with like I said I've just done so much research my brain is tapped out lol, once again thank you to anyone that has some input for this greatly appreciated!

pbonsalb
04-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Try the forced induction subforum. Beware it can be like a den of lions waiting to pounce on the new guy who wants only 300 hp, does not want to spend much, and is just learning how to add a turbo to these cars. Probably a used obd1 tune is cheapest, but you have to buy parts that match the tune or the tune will be out of tune.