PDA

View Full Version : EPIC Motorsports Support with DME Diagnosis

SitzeMann
04-13-2016, 03:27 PM
I wanted to leave some feedback on the forum about my recent experience with Randy at EPIC Motorsports. I'm not affiliated with them in anyway nor do I profit or benefit from anyone doing business with them. I am simply a customer.

Randy recently supported me in resolving an issue with my car that I think is far above and beyond normal for customer service. I purchased a tune from him for my E36 with the PCI Cable. Everything worked great initially but after the first flash I was not able to get the PCI cable to confirm the VIN in the DME. It would read in INPA but not through the EPIC equipment.

I reached out to Randy to resolve this issue and he determined the DME needed to be sent in. All of this was going on as I moved out of the country for a 2 year job contract and transferred the car halfway across the US to my father. I was in the states in December and pulled the ECU to send it off. Randy confirmed something was wrong and sent it back with the issue supposedly resolved. Problem was the once the DME returned the car would not start and I had already left again.

So I was stuck with a non-running car 6k miles away. I had almost no support network for troubleshooting and no plans to return to the states for over a year. So after some frustrating attempts at Facetime troubleshooting I had the DME sent back to Randy who flashed out the EWS and brought in a customers car for functional validation. The DME was just returned and the car once again runs! Apparently the EWS crapped out coincidentally while the DME was out of the car.

Not only did Randy support me when I was in pinch without confirmation that his product or work was the root cause. He shipped the DME, installed it in a customers car, flashed it with an EWS delete, and after all that said he wasn't expecting a dime.