PDA

View Full Version : e61 525i engine upgrade help!

jpnz
03-24-2016, 09:16 PM
Hi All,

I am new here so apologies in advance for any dumb errors.

I am removing the M54 engine from my 2005 e61 525i to replace it with a burly electric motor. I have removed the motor including transmission per the Bentleys manual. I removed the wiring harnesses also but have since reconnected all except the ignition hardness.

Currently I have the following issues and would greatly appreciate any tips on any items:

1) If possible I want to use the output to the throttle body as my input for the electric motor controller. Currently the throttle body doesn't move when the car is on and you press the accelerator. Presumably this is due to the car knowing there is something major wrong as most sensors etc are disconnected. Any tips to get around this? What are the minimum inputs to the DME required to get it to operate the OEM throttle body?

2) The Airbag light is on, this happened when I reconnected one of the harnesses. Any ideas why? I hope it just needs a reset as I dont think I've touched any of the Airbag related stuff.

3) The car now thinks it has a transmission fault as the transmission is disconnected. Any ideas to convince/trick the car into thinking this is ok?

Any extra info you need just shout!

I have also posted this in the general forum. Many thanks in advance to all the gurus and ninjas out there!