PDA

View Full Version : E36 1997 323i turbo conversion tune

WadiM3
03-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Hi theres this 323i turbo converted e36 me and my cousin bought, its running really rich according to what the guy told us we bought it off and told us we would need to remap it. We are in london any recommendations ? The car makes alot of black smoke when we step on it and stalls really quickly when in first gear and not given enough gas we use shell v power fuel if that helps and it spends it really badly

We are noobs we dont know anything never came across turbo tuning so sorry if im asking stupid questions and thanks in advance

flyfishvt
03-13-2015, 05:27 AM
Remapping isn't something the average person can do like changing spark plugs. Before you do anything you should find out the specs of your current tune then compare it to the hardware you have installed.

dburt86
03-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Id be willing to be someone tossed in some big injectors and no tune, or something along the lines of that.

jjjjjjj
03-14-2015, 01:16 AM
I'd say figure out which maf, size of injectors, which turbo and what compression ratio if not stock. Gather all that info and go from there

WadiM3
03-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Sorry im a noob, ill show you guys what it said on the advert.
300cc injectors, tubular custom stainless steel manifold, t3 t4 hybrid air research turbo front mounted in the ac place, custom manifold to turbo downpipe heat wrapped with both lamber sensors fitted in, braided oil feed with restrictor in line, huge intercooler with 76mm and 67mm stainless steel pipework with proper silicon bends, fse external fuel regulator, walbo high flow and pressure fuel pump, oil breather catch tank, custom exhaust 67mm straight to the box to give it that sleeper look, running 0.8 bar as requires remap im running it very rich to be safe. Can run pver 300 bhp once mapped and ecu can be read, drives ok tick over is erratic due to requiring map, manifold gasket leaks cold but as soon as engine is warm stops leaking and is a simple fix, hers a video of it running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHzwBt8Kpk