PDA

View Full Version : are manual top comparable with auto motor

kinggizmoe
05-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Well I replaced.my automatic.top with a manual top from a junyark.such seams to be working great but I'm.wondering if I replace the motor.in the trunk would I still be able.to lift the top automaticle nd latch it by hand ?

flyfishvt
05-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Well I replaced.my automatic.top with a manual top from a junyark.such seams to be working great but I'm.wondering if I replace the motor.in the trunk would I still be able.to lift the top automaticle nd latch it by hand ?

No. Your top does not have any of the wiring or microswitches to make that happen. What you are describing is a semi auto top.

99M3mlopez
05-28-2013, 12:19 AM
No. Your top does not have any of the wiring or microswitches to make that happen. What you are describing is a semi auto top.

If you did get a manual top and you wanted to convert a fully automatic top to a manual one. People say you can do it, and this is great, but how do you convert the front clips that go to the front of the top to the windshield? Also the cover that covers the top when it's down how do you lift and lock/unlock that down manually ? Please and thank you for all info.