PDA

View Full Version : Bad things happen in 3's...

thickypeachy
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I purchased my 2012 328i February 27 of this year. I feel in love at first sight. Unfortunately since I've had it, I've had the most drama ever!
After a week of ownership, I had two rock chips in my windshield at the same time. So I had to get my windshield replaced.
Next on 4/27 I had a gentlemen clip the rear passenger side of my car. He actually had the nerves to hit my car and run. I was able to find him in traffic but because both of us got a ticket (only in stupid Atlanta) his insurance company denied my claim. Now I have to go through my insurance company so they can fight that battle.
And finally on 5/7, I was leaving the drive through ATM and scratched the side of my car because I was too close to the curb.
I really hope that it. My baby has been through enough!
Have you ever had an experience like this? And I'm extra pissed because when I finally get the opp to get a BMW I go through the most drama!

kobechrome
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I feel your pain OP. Day 5 I had my car, I curbed 2 rims in a DC parking garage. Thats been the extent so far, but I have some ugly curb rash on 2 wheels.

rolltidef30
05-09-2013, 12:56 PM
I feel your pain OP. Day 5 I had my car, I curbed 2 rims in a DC parking garage. Thats been the extent so far, but I have some ugly curb rash on 2 wheels.

Scratches give character. Shows that you drive the car hard!

No one needs to know that it was caused by your misjudging the curb. It happens.

Too bad for the first guy though. I have windshield coverage through my insurance and tire and wheel protection through the dealer. If I scratch these rims too bad, they just replace them.

I negotiated the price of the tire and wheel, paid $700 when they wanted $1200 I think. Crazy money, but I have piece of mind.

thickypeachy
05-11-2013, 02:17 AM
I got my car back and now I'm driving it like a old lady. Lol!

And I loved that statement "scratches give the car character"!!! 😁