PDA

View Full Version : So close to a completely working top....

Sean4
05-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I first want to say I am sorry for starting yet another thread. I have searched far and wide and this forum has helped me so much. I have gone from a completely inop top to one that almost finishes the cycle.

Some info:
94 325 semi auto top

Top goes down with a little help initially, once the top gets tucked into its compartment but the tonneau cover stays completely straight up. If I had to guess I would say one of the micro switches isn't being activated for the tonneau to come back down. When I pull the emergency release the tonneau cover never sits flush and its also a little off to the left. (I have to push down to get the trunk lock micro switch to activate)

Maybe flyfishvt can lend me a hand. You seem to know so much about this picky tops.

Thanks in advance to anyone who does help.

darknight528i
05-07-2013, 02:48 AM
read my post(s) in the forum below, if its any help let me know.

keep us posted. :alright

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1985575-Convertible-Roof-Reset-Windows-clicking (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1985575-Convertible-Roof-Reset-Windows-clicking)

Sean4
05-07-2013, 09:18 AM
@Darknight I actually used those threads to get as far as I have gotten. I used your advice specifically to reset the top from a different position and it work up until the tonneau cover got stuck straight up. Maybe I will try the fall back plan and reset the top and tonneau cover in completely different positions. Doing it manually isn't the end of the world but since I got a taste of the top working I want it ready for the summer.

What do you think? Thank you already

darknight528i
05-09-2013, 02:09 AM
do the same thing but disengage the lid motor & (close/open) it manually.

if ^ fails try this

1. re-sync top- so lid closes down snugly then disengage the lid motor only- lift the lid in the open position -press the "^" (hold the close Button) & see if the top starts to close. if it does manually operate the lid (you manually operating the lid -doing the work of the motor.

2. if 1 failed read on.. position the top in different positions until it closes. another example diagram ----> ----/ __ <----ALWAYS OPERATE LID MANUALLY UNTIL THE TOP CLOSES- THEN RE-ENGAGE LID MOTOR. CAUTION: be careful the top doesn't hit lid or crash against closed lid!!!

& always- always operate top with engine on!
hope that helps- keep us posted. :alright