PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy - E39 Touring ///M-Sport Rear Bumpers

AquilaBMW
03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi Tourinistos and Touringnistas -

I have spent some time researching M Bumpers. Particularly the rear bumpers for the Touring and the Sedan. There is a lot of information out there about OEM vs AM and the fitment issues that people have had. There has been enough said about the front ones with PP vs ABS, etc. No need to harp on that again. On the rear bumpers, I have tried the PP one from DDM and the fit was dismal I hate to say. Seems the ABS one is the better option and Umnitza carries the ABS version. Anyway... enough about Sedans, etc.

As part of my research, I have been talking with Matt at Umnitza. I have spent time studying Umnitza and I realize they get a lot of feedback on the forum/s - sometimes great, sometimes bad. Very importantly, I have seen Umnitza always respond to any feedback and work at making things right. They are also a forum supporter and as a vendor, they are very active and seem to be enthusiasts themselves. As it so happens, Umnitza are also the Premier and Leading Reseller of the ABS ///M-Sport Rear bumper for the Touring models.

One of our well respected member tried this product out and has had good results - I have poached some pictures for you to see. In addition, I have actually met with and had a lengthy discussion with the actual source of these bumpers and they spoke very highly of Umnitza and their commitment to the Per formance Upgrade / Modification market - particularly BMWs. There are only one or two sources of these bumpers other than OEM, fortunately Umnitza picked the best one available.

Matt has agreed to support this Group Buy effort and will be offering us the Rear Bumpers at a discount - provided it is feasible. For the first attempt, we would prefer to not have to ship any bumpers - so this initial GB is targeted to members in the Northern California area or in Southern California as I can help with delivery that way. If it is successful, then we might expand the reach.

While Umnitza is supporting as the providing vendor, I would like to point out that they can't get involved in ALL the planning and execution of the GB. In all honesty, from a business stand point, the margins are VERY lean on this product due to manufacturing and shipping costs, the fact they are supporting the GB says a lot and doesn't really mean gobs of money or profit for them.

We also have Approval from a Moderator to proceed with this Group Buy, so I appreciate that and this Forums willingness to accommodate member needs.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to make sure all the facts were stated and credit given to all respected parties.

At the moment, we are looking at a price point of $329.99 Per Bumper @ 10 Orders. $350 per Bumper @ 5 Orders. If you are interested, please start a list with your screen name. If you are out of state or immediate reach, please add your name to a secondary list so we can evaluate possibly doing something more.

If you have any questions - shoot me an email or PM.

Cheers,

Michael

PICS (Brandon - Hope it was okay to borrow your pics? If not, lemme know please):

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8516/8521093311_2004419388_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8384/8522204802_0465fd451c_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8522204462_bfeb68b872_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8524/8550165710_dddf99900b_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8508/8549067957_1df1c854bb_c.jpg

ToastelStruder
03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
You can put me down on that second list. I'm very interested and ready to buy if you can ship them out to Houston.

yersole
03-12-2013, 12:44 PM
First, let me say I do appreciate your effort... but damn 8% discount is disappointing for a Group Buy...no?

AquilaBMW
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
You can put me down on that second list. I'm very interested and ready to buy if you can ship them out to Houston.

Okay... Let's see what kind of interest we get.

First, let me say I do appreciate your effort... but damn 8% discount is disappointing for a Group Buy...no?

It is what it is unfortunately. Like I said, the margins on these bumpers are extremely lean. It will come to about $50 off the bumpers.

In another group buy, we got $145 Lips for $92. It still a saving at the end of the day :dunno By the time you factor in cost, packing, shipping, logistics, etc.... you appreciate the price point. Either way, people can still order them directly from Umnitza.

yersole
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Right, $30 is $30 savings just not that hot.

I would be interested in a shipped deal.

RVAE34
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
MF'er!! Of course this happens right after I order mine. And using my pix only adds insult to injury lol.

tuanies
03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Ughhh why can't I be in CA? :(

AquilaBMW
03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
MF'er!! Of course this happens right after I order mine. And using my pix only adds insult to injury lol.

Sorry Brandon. I can imagine how it feels. Been there before. However, this GB is mainly for Californians. Shipping would increase price as you already know.

Ughhh why can't I be in CA? :(

Start an alternative list and we can look into it.

derekmw
03-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Sorry Brandon. I can imagine how it feels. Been there before. However, this GB is mainly for Californians. Shipping would increase price as you already know.

Start an alternative list and we can look into it.

I would definitely be interested since I am in socal and a few min from them anyway. :)

wheelgarage
03-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Okay, this sucks.....timing that is.

I had to pull my automotive "modification" budget out of the loop due to needed house "modifications" for the summer.

I do not know what eveyone schedule is like, but I would like to see this GB in mid-summer, if and all possible. But, Michael, thank you for the work and consideration for this deal. It is just timing for me.....boohoo...

**edit**

if anyone is in need of aftermarker true off road wheels and tires for the Land Rover Defender or 1st gen. Discovery, let me know...then I can definitely get on this DEAL!!

craaaazzy
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
michael, just fyi if u talk to umnitza, verify that this is indeed ABS as their site lists "PolyPropylene" in the title and "ABS" in the description. luckily this is only for locals...lol.

sean911sc
03-12-2013, 10:51 PM
The other main issue is the lack of fitment for parking distance sensors. I'm planning on OEM come summer time.

AquilaBMW
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
IMPORTANT: I owe everyone an apology - most of all Umnitza. I undersold their support. Their offer was $50 of each bumper in the Group Buy. So.... that actually means $329 Per Bumper.

I will correct the initial post.

- - - Updated - - -

I would definitely be interested since I am in socal and a few min from them anyway. :)

Ummm.... Umnitza's located in Northern California... :dunno

Okay, this sucks.....timing that is.

I had to pull my automotive "modification" budget out of the loop due to needed house "modifications" for the summer.

I do not know what eveyone schedule is like, but I would like to see this GB in mid-summer, if and all possible. But, Michael, thank you for the work and consideration for this deal. It is just timing for me.....boohoo...

I doubt we can keep it going till summer. However, if it is successful maybe they will consider a second one.

michael, just fyi if u talk to umnitza, verify that this is indeed ABS as their site lists "PolyPropylene" in the title and "ABS" in the description. luckily this is only for locals...lol.

Yep! I can confirm that it is indeed ABS. That is an error on their site that needs to be fixed.

The other main issue is the lack of fitment for parking distance sensors. I'm planning on OEM come summer time.

Fair point.

derekmw
03-13-2013, 02:03 AM
IMPORTANT: I owe everyone an apology - most of all Umnitza. I undersold their support. Their offer was $50 of each bumper in the Group Buy. So.... that actually means $329 Per Bumper.

I will correct the initial post.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm.... Umnitza's located in Northern California... :dunno

Haha, yeah, I obviously had a brain fart, I completely confused them with DDM Tuning. lol. nvm

AquilaBMW
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Haha, yeah, I obviously had a brain fart, I completely confused them with DDM Tuning. lol. nvm

LOL! Dude... that's funny. DDM actually doesn't carry the Touring rear bumper.

Der Krieger
03-13-2013, 11:29 AM
I am open to correction here, but aren't the PDC sensors a fairly generic part that just snaps into a round hole? Given that, any bumper could easily be drilled for their placement.

motorade1
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Not trying to be a d!c% or a smartass here, or beat a dead horse, Im just trying to inform, but if your car was an M Sport as it says below your name, it would already have these bumpers front and rear.

yersole
03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I am open to correction here, but aren't the PDC sensors a fairly generic part that just snaps into a round hole? Given that, any bumper could easily be drilled for their placement.

Drilling the hole is the easy part but snapping the sensor flush and clean to the hole is the question.

2 of the sensors will mount to the impact strips (1 on each side). These are easy as you just buy the OEM impact strips with PDC which have a bracket behind the hole to snap the sensors to.
The other 2 sensors in the middle will require drilling holes in the bumper. You will then have to figure out how to attach the sensors to the holes. Not sure how easy it is to transplant the mounting bracket from your original bumper over. In another thread, I think a umnitza rep suggested using a hot knife to cut the bracket off the original bumper.

AquilaBMW
03-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Answer already from Yersole...

Not trying to be a d!c% or a smartass here, or beat a dead horse, Im just trying to inform, but if your car was an M Sport as it says below your name, it would already have these bumpers front and rear.

Smarty Pants then? :) LOL! j/k

Drilling the hole is the easy part but snapping the sensor flush and clean to the hole is the question.

2 of the sensors will mount to the impact strips (1 on each side). These are easy as you just buy the OEM impact strips with PDC which have a bracket behind the hole to snap the sensors to.
The other 2 sensors in the middle will require drilling holes in the bumper. You will then have to figure out how to attach the sensors to the holes. Not sure how easy it is to transplant the mounting bracket from your original bumper over. In another thread, I think a umnitza rep suggested using a hot knife to cut the bracket off the original bumper.

Matt from Umnitza has his eye on this thread, hopefully he will have some input. Please let me know if anyone is interested in these bumpers.

AutoRotate
03-14-2013, 04:40 PM
I could be in for a GB of 10.

cakezinni
03-15-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm interested, although in hawaii I have a freight forwarder in CA that ships me a palette every month and it wouldn't be a problem to add on. What's the time line?

umnitza
03-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Our body guy has a relatively easy time of doing this using the hot knife approach...but.
yersole said it correctly - 2 on the impact strips, no problem. 2 in the middle are the only ones that need drilling.
Liquid plastic is a very useful compound.

As of this week, we may have an alternative solution for you guys, we're still exploring it - we may be offering new PDCs with all the bumpers (more details to follow).

sean911sc
03-18-2013, 02:20 AM

I shouldn't have to spell it out. I have a 525iT with M Sport "Options" not a true 540iT M Sport. Move on and keep thread on intended topic.

What's all included for the price?

As the bumpers are in NorCAL - I'd be open to drive-up and pickup a few.

RVAE34
03-18-2013, 09:37 AM
They include the corner trim, center trim/skid plate and the lower valence. All you need to do is remove your OEM cover from the bar and install the new cover.

AquilaBMW
03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Do we have any interest in these bumper covers?

Saucy069
03-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Interested when your ready to ship! I will keep my eye on this.

RVAE34
03-18-2013, 12:31 PM
pretty sure the GB is still for pickup only

AquilaBMW
03-18-2013, 12:35 PM
It's still for pick up only, however depending on the level of serious interest - shipping might be an option as shipping cost is separate anyway, but I will check with Umnitza first. What important is whether or not anyone is actually ready to place an order for these.

Saucy069
03-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Well might as well start a list for orders that would require shipping, i am ready to buy if there is enough interest.

1. Saucy069

AquilaBMW
03-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Shipping Required List (TBC):

1. Saucy069[/QUOTE]

Local Pickup List:

Thanks Saucy. For anyone else interested, please just add your name to the appropriate list.

sean911sc
03-18-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm down and willing to pack my Touring with some bumpers for any SoCAL owners (a small donation to gas funds isn't too much to ask.

yersole
03-18-2013, 10:34 PM
As of this week, we may have an alternative solution for you guys, we're still exploring it - we may be offering new PDCs with all the bumpers (more details to follow).

I'll like to wait to hear more about this first.

Also what's shipping charge? $90 Greyhound?

sean911sc
03-18-2013, 11:10 PM
The sensors on my Audi are secured with double-sided mounting tape. The area is shielded from water.

Saucy069
03-25-2013, 09:29 PM
No other interest in this??????

djkev
03-31-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm down and willing to pack my Touring with some bumpers for any SoCAL owners (a small donation to gas funds isn't too much to ask.
Socal guys can get it from a distributer in City of Industry. Picked mine up last year and its been perfect for me :http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E39-TOURING-MTECH-M-TECH-REAR-BUMPER-525iT-540iT-/251042587263?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a734de27f&vxp=mtr

Chisum
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM
You can put me on the shipping list I'm in Florida.

Chisum

Jeichler
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I am interested to be added to shipping list. I am in GA

adjmcloon
05-05-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm interested at the lower price on a shipping list. I'd also be interested in a front/rear combo purchase

jocko 1.2
05-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm interested at the lower price on a shipping list. I'd also be interested in a front/rear combo purchase

Ditto with mirrors if available

336motorsports
05-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Add me to the shipping list please.

umnitza
05-11-2013, 11:46 AM
we'll have some coming in a few weeks, we may be able to lower the price a little.

airegin
05-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Edited

ToastelStruder
05-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Add to the list. Copy and Paste, don't quote. If you're on the list and you don't want to be or you think you're in the wrong section, repost with the correct list.

1. ToastelStruder
2. Saucy069
3. Chisum
4. Jeichler
5. adjmcloon
6. Jocko 1.2
7. 336motorsports
8. airegin

Local Pickup List:
1. Sean911sc

336motorsports
05-12-2013, 12:56 AM
Sounds good. Im 100% in for this.

Thanks!

Yamez RS
05-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Add to the list. Copy and Paste, don't quote. If you're on the list and you don't want to be or you think you're in the wrong section, repost with the correct list.

1. ToastelStruder
2. Saucy069
3. Chisum
4. Jeichler
5. adjmcloon
6. Jocko 1.2
7. 336motorsports
8. airegin
9. Yamez RS

Local Pickup List:
1. Sean911sc

AquilaBMW
05-14-2013, 11:30 AM
we'll have some coming in a few weeks, we may be able to lower the price a little.

Thanks for chiming in. Seems most interest in from people who need shipping. Hopefully, something can be arranged for them. Let me know.

Cheers,

Michael

RVAE34
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Here is a pic of my Umnitza rear bumper after final install. Fitment is excellent! I used an OEM dual valence though.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7433/8728590775_c4170c8e00_c.jpg

umnitza
05-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Nice bumper pic:)

We'll have more information by Friday hopefully for next container delivery and pre-ordering instructions.

knucklebuster
05-14-2013, 12:12 PM
might jump in on the band wagon . What was shipping again ?

yersole
05-14-2013, 02:19 PM

1. ToastelStruder
2. Saucy069
3. Chisum
4. Jeichler
5. adjmcloon
6. Jocko 1.2
7. 336motorsports
8. airegin
9. Yamez RS
10. yersole

Local Pickup List:
1. Sean911sc

ThipN
05-16-2013, 01:46 PM

1. ToastelStruder
2. Saucy069
3. Chisum
4. Jeichler
5. adjmcloon
6. Jocko 1.2
7. 336motorsports
8. airegin
9. Yamez RS
10. yersole
11. ThipN ( front & rear package deal )

Local Pickup List:
1. Sean911sc

CarlfromBoston
05-28-2013, 07:23 PM

1. ToastelStruder
2. Saucy069
3. Chisum
4. Jeichler
5. adjmcloon
6. Jocko 1.2
7. 336motorsports
8. airegin
9. Yamez RS
10. yersole
11. ThipN ( front & rear package deal )
12. CarlfromBoston (front is already on order, need rear)

Local Pickup List:
1. Sean911sc

umnitza
05-28-2013, 07:39 PM
well, they are on their way, mid/end of June expected.

Saucy069
05-28-2013, 10:15 PM

1. ToastelStruder
2. Chisum
3. Jeichler
4. adjmcloon
5. Jocko 1.2
6. 336motorsports
7. airegin
8. Yamez RS
9. yersole
10. ThipN ( front & rear package deal )
11. CarlfromBoston (front is already on order, need rear)

Local Pickup List:
1. Sean911sc

I took myself off the list, I am moving in the next couple of weeks and the wagon fund is running a little low. Ill just have to pay full price when I am ready! Good luck to the rest of you!

adjmcloon
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Any way we could get a front/rear deal on this as well? I would want the abs plastic front bumper

yersole
05-29-2013, 01:20 AM
well, they are on their way, mid/end of June expected.

Any word on PDC option on the rear bumper?

Chisum
05-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Great timing for me, I'll be doing a lot of other maintenance as well around the end of June.

Chisum

336motorsports
05-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Great timing for me, I'll be doing a lot of other maintenance as well around the end of June.

Chisum

Me too!

whatsupadrian
06-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I am interested, tentatively. Pending a slot on sean911sc touring. I'll add myself officially once my pickup option is confirmed.

sean911sc, PM incoming

raffi540
06-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I am considering it as well. Have to figure out if my Dinan exhaust works on it or if I would have to purchase the Dinan mTech one.

umnitza
06-02-2013, 08:25 PM
we'll see if we can still try to get some more on the container, it may be too late.

yersole
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Have pricing tiers been established for the w/ shipping GB? As well as shipping options/quotes?

whatsupadrian
06-02-2013, 11:25 PM
we'll see if we can still try to get some more on the container, it may be too late.
Uhh ohhh, hope im not too late. Have payments already been made? If not I have first dibs on any non-payers slots. :)

umnitza
06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
payments will begin starting tonight.
This is what's coming:
1) Single Output Diffuser- if you want a dual, that will be possible either through custom work or a factory dual diffuser (that you can likely fit from BMW directly)
2) Factory Moldings L/R - that means "textured" moldings, not smooth, and there will be no PDC holes, however there will be PDC "fins" on the inside, so all you need to do is drill out the hole, and your PDC will mount right up.
3) NO PDC - if you want PDC, we cannot confirm yet if the bumper has the fins like the moldings do, but either way, there is a marking for where to drill out if you have PDC, then fitting them is no big deal.
4) Tow cover - you will need to reuse your little attachment that keeps the tow cover from falling out
5) ABS - confirmed

This is how shipping will be handled (pick up is obviously no shipping charge)
48 States
1) You and your buddies want up to 3 bumpers shipped to one location - $150 for all 3 - it will be Pilot door to door freight
2) You want it to ship to 1 person in 48 contiguous states - $125 door to door Pilot (recommended) or $95 Greyhound (not recommended) (if you happen to have a body shop or business address, then it's $115 for shipping.
Hawaii/PR/Canada/Mexico
3) TBD - it's a per case per address - could be as little as $175 door to door Fedex or as much as $600 for Pilot Freight.
Air International
4) Something crazy expensive and not recommended unless buying 10 units at once.

Please let me know if we've left any info out.
Also, since we clearly have 10 units, pricing WILL be $329 per bumper.

CODE IS LIVE:
50offwagon

yersole
06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Anyone in MA (within 495) interested in doing combined shipping?
CarlfromBoston - pm'ed you

CarlfromBoston
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Anyone in MA (within 495) interested in doing combined shipping?
CarlfromBoston - pm'ed you

I'm in for that. We just need a third in the eastern mass or boston area...

umnitza
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
As a follow up, if you have a 3rd, have 1 person be the responsible party who does the paying and receiving then work it out from there:)

AquilaBMW
06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
payments will begin starting tonight.
This is what's coming:
1) Single Output Diffuser- if you want a dual, that will be possible either through custom work or a factory dual diffuser (that you can likely fit from BMW directly)
2) Factory Moldings L/R - that means "textured" moldings, not smooth, and there will be no PDC holes, however there will be PDC "fins" on the inside, so all you need to do is drill out the hole, and your PDC will mount right up.
3) NO PDC - if you want PDC, we cannot confirm yet if the bumper has the fins like the moldings do, but either way, there is a marking for where to drill out if you have PDC, then fitting them is no big deal.
4) Tow cover - you will need to reuse your little attachment that keeps the tow cover from falling out
5) ABS - confirmed

This is how shipping will be handled (pick up is obviously no shipping charge)
48 States
1) You and your buddies want up to 3 bumpers shipped to one location - $150 for all 3 - it will be Pilot door to door freight
2) You want it to ship to 1 person in 48 contiguous states - $125 door to door Pilot (recommended) or $95 Greyhound (not recommended) (if you happen to have a body shop or business address, then it's $115 for shipping.
Hawaii/PR/Canada/Mexico
3) TBD - it's a per case per address - could be as little as $175 door to door Fedex or as much as $600 for Pilot Freight.
Air International
4) Something crazy expensive and not recommended unless buying 10 units at once.

Please let me know if we've left any info out.
Also, since we clearly have 10 units, pricing WILL be $329 per bumper.

CODE IS LIVE:
50offwagon

Matt - Just wanted to say thanks very much for doing this for the touring community. It took a while, appreciate you sticking with it. Much kudos Sir!

Guys - The deal doesn't get better than this. From the pictures that were posted, these things fit like OEM. Hopefully we got everyone covered.

whatsupadrian
06-04-2013, 12:48 AM
When is the deadline so I know when to fill a slot? I love filling slots.

umnitza
06-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Deadline is this Friday to order, I think the container leaves on Wed next week, but they have to load it up and that takes some time.

RVAE34
06-04-2013, 01:06 PM
I wanted to add that the OEM dual exhaust valence is a perfect fit with the Umnitza rear bumper.

CarlfromBoston
06-05-2013, 06:42 AM
I'm in for that. We just need a third in the eastern mass or boston area...
Hey, they have to ship my front M bumper... I can wait for that front bumper and I will be the 2nd and 3rd bumper and we have 3 shipping to our area.

umnitza
06-05-2013, 10:24 AM
That's right, Carl's front bumper is ready now, we have to still prepaint his rear when it comes in.

raffi540
06-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Is there anyone who can pick up and bring down to Southern California?

ToastelStruder
06-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Is anyone interested in combining shipping in Houston?

whatsupadrian
06-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Is there anyone who can pick up and bring down to Southern California?
Sean911 has volunteered himself to make the trip. I wanted a spot on his wagon but he hasnt been on the forum for a while. Deadline is friday we may have to work something out. Maybe we can combine the shipping as gas to the bay and back will probably cost as much.

raffi540
06-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Let me know if we can make this happen...

Chisum
06-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Ordered mine last night, expected delivery is first week in July.

Chisum

yersole
06-07-2013, 11:23 PM
OK, so now that a bunch of us are having our m-tech rear bumpers coming, what are you guys doing regarding the exhaust tip/muffler?
My understanding is that the factory tip will look small as well as off center through the diffuser cutout.
I hear a lot of guys using Magnaflow 14815 and 14816. I think the single oval tip that I see on a few members' touring fits the the touring better.
Would like to hear what you guys are planning on doing..... hey...maybe a next group buy for exhaust!?

whatsupadrian
06-08-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm so down for a magnaflow 14816 muffler GB. It retails around $220 bucks. Found this muffler which looks like a cheaper knock off yet still pretty expensive. $150

http://thmotorsports.com/vibrant/vibrant_universal_muffler_streetpower/1040/i-163671.aspx (http://thmotorsports.com/vibrant/vibrant_universal_muffler_streetpower/1040/i-163671.aspx)

Magnaflow 462039 Vibrant Universal462040

sean911sc
06-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Was the deadline 6/7 or 6/14? I've been slammed with work.

whatsupadrian
06-11-2013, 08:47 PM
It is first come first serve now. Put your order in.

umnitza
06-11-2013, 08:58 PM
at this time yes.

whatsupadrian
06-11-2013, 09:08 PM
How many bumpers are left?

umnitza
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
4-5 roughly.

whatsupadrian
06-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Was the deadline 6/7 or 6/14? I've been slammed with work.
Place the order and I'll split your gas.

ToastelStruder
06-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Trying to order, but I don't see any other shipping options.

umnitza
06-14-2013, 11:47 AM
only one style of shipping works well for this - Door to Door pilot freight.

ToastelStruder
06-14-2013, 01:24 PM
only one style of shipping works well for this - Door to Door pilot freight.

I'm ok with that option, but on the site it says GPX Greyhound? I tried that last time, and I wasn't too happy with the results. If i put the order in with Greyhound button selected, you guys are going to use Door to Door instead?

umnitza
06-14-2013, 01:43 PM
It's designed to prevent people from using Fedex or Priority Mail to ship these items.
If you do GPX then we'll do GPX if you do door to door, it will go door to door.

ToastelStruder
06-14-2013, 07:26 PM
It's designed to prevent people from using Fedex or Priority Mail to ship these items.
If you do GPX then we'll do GPX if you do door to door, it will go door to door.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't see the option for door to door. The only option that is showing up from what I see is GPX.

sean911sc
06-17-2013, 04:02 AM
I'm down for paying at pickup and bring one or two additional down for those interested. Lets put this together.

whatsupadrian
06-18-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm down for paying at pickup and bring one or two additional down for those interested. Lets put this together.
For sure!!! More than happy to split the gas with you. PM comming.

AquilaBMW
06-23-2013, 06:37 PM
I've got to go see a buddy in San Diego soon, you guys want to pitch in for the gas I can bring some bumpers down south with me.

whatsupadrian
06-24-2013, 11:25 PM
I've got to go see a buddy in San Diego soon, you guys want to pitch in for the gas I can bring some bumpers down south with me.
Hey, that may be a better option yet! When do you plan on going to SD?

AquilaBMW
06-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Hey, that may be a better option yet! When do you plan on going to SD?

No set date - pretty open as far as that goes.

umnitza
06-27-2013, 01:43 PM
ETA: JULY 12, 2013 - this is landing of container.
K.

bdouglasrobbins
06-28-2013, 11:45 PM
If this is still available I'd like in on the deal. I'm in San Mateo California in Northern California.

Thanks,

Douglas
drobbins@woodrobbins.com

Chisum
07-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Any update on when the bumpers will ship?

Chisum

umnitza
07-16-2013, 12:49 PM
The container lands today. We will not ship today, but we will ship tomorrow.

If you have not ordered your bumper, today is absolutely the last day we will honor the $50 off, by 4pm when the container arrives, we will no longer honor the $50 pre-order price.

Chisum
07-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Great news, don't forget my headlights
:thanks:

Chisum

umnitza
07-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Great news, don't forget my headlights
:thanks:

Chisum

Dan? if so, they are finished and ready to go today.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1001179_10151795138859874_962235594_n.jpg

ToastelStruder
07-17-2013, 10:24 PM
The container lands today. We will not ship today, but we will ship tomorrow.

If you have not ordered your bumper, today is absolutely the last day we will honor the $50 off, by 4pm when the container arrives, we will no longer honor the $50 pre-order price.

well that's unfortunate. i wanted to buy one along with a set of angel eyes. :-/

umnitza
07-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Sorry, it's just not fair to the people that took the initiative to purchase the bumper ahead of time before arrival.

CarlfromBoston
08-03-2013, 07:18 AM
I got my front bumper cover. So, the color is off by a shade (it looks like hellrot), no fog lights were with it (but ballasts and bulbs were there) and the paint was a little beat up from packaging. There were also no other parts in the box (I bought black side mouldings and a black front kidney grille) that were supposed to be there.
They must be really busy down there, and I am sure they will make things right. They are nice guys when you can get through on the phone. I am so busy that I don't even have much time to try to deal with this. I am not mad, just a little disappointed.
Carl

yersole
08-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Carl - I double checked all the packaging the day you called and there were no additional items besides your boxed bumper.
BTW, if you need paint work, I found a guy whose garage is actually a block or so down a side street where you live and he painted (color matched) my bumper at a very good price.

All the ladies in the house gone out of town for the week, and to top that off, picked up the painted bumper this morning.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/ensales/misc/DSC_0736_zpsc07a042f.jpg

yersole
08-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Bumper on. What a difference!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/ensales/misc/DSC_0747_zps31a687d6.jpg

umnitza
08-04-2013, 04:43 PM
I got my front bumper cover. So, the color is off by a shade (it looks like hellrot), no fog lights were with it (but ballasts and bulbs were there) and the paint was a little beat up from packaging. There were also no other parts in the box (I bought black side mouldings and a black front kidney grille) that were supposed to be there.
They must be really busy down there, and I am sure they will make things right. They are nice guys when you can get through on the phone. I am so busy that I don't even have much time to try to deal with this. I am not mad, just a little disappointed.
Carl
If the color is off, please send us a photo, we'll resolve it for you.
Since we painted your bumper over 2+ months ago, it was packaged and left waiting for the wagon bumper - which you ultimately chose not to do:)
Please email our support so they can take care of it for you on Monday (I've notified Konstantin as well).

- - - Updated - - -

Bumper on. What a difference!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/ensales/misc/DSC_0747_zps31a687d6.jpg

that looks great, would you mind if we posted on our facebook page?

yersole
08-04-2013, 09:05 PM
that looks great, would you mind if we posted on our facebook page?

Sure.

bdouglasrobbins
08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Yersol and others. It looks like your stock muffler fits just fine with the M-Tech bumper. For those of you who bought the bumper, how does your stock muffler fit? Photos would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks!

BDR

yersole
08-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Yersol and others. It looks like your stock muffler fits just fine with the M-Tech bumper. For those of you who bought the bumper, how does your stock muffler fit? Photos would be appreciated if possible.

Thanks!

BDR

It is off-center in the diffuser cutout, closer towards the left side. It is not too bad, but enough for me to do something about it. I will try and get a direct facing pic of it tmw.
BTW, Dinan is running a 20% off for the month of August. I pulled the trigger on the free flow exhaust.

FSReric
08-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Damn.... looks like i bought my Touring a tad late.... Ill get the next one.

Yersole... looking foreword to that exhaust tip pic... wanna see what a stock one looks like

yersole
08-15-2013, 11:23 AM
bdoug, fsreric - Here you go.
Umnitza - might as well ask, the top tab near the corner on diffuser was broken when I got it. So it doesn't fit flush at that area. Anything can be done on that?

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/ensales/misc/DSC_0761_zps084c6ec2.jpg

bdouglasrobbins
08-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Yersole,

While the fitment is not perfect, I think it's entirely acceptable for the Umnitza price point. I think it looks just fine.

Any advice in installing the bumper? Any Youtube videos or other instructions on the internet you found helpful?

Thanks!

Douglas

yersole
08-15-2013, 03:53 PM
It is no big deal and I don't actually expect them to send me a new diffuser. Would be nice if they did though ;).

Very straightforward removal/install. I used the DIY here -
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=639786

umnitza
09-07-2013, 05:03 PM
We've been promised the Greyhound Package Express was going to improve their tracking service. This promise is about 3 years in the making but it looks like it's finally working (in some cases).

Here's how it works:
1) There is an internal scan made with a new bar code at the time of drop off.
2) This bar code is then attached/linked to the GLI number you are provided. A GLI Number is nothing more than a 10-digit code that starts with 306 or 307 or (if we keep on shipping) 308. It looks like the picture above.
3) If the accompanying agents at the intermediate GPX stations also use the hand-held scanners to scan the bar code off the box, you will see the movement of the package through the subsequent hops.
4) You can only use this with the GLI in front of the trace number and in most cases, you can even call our agent to give you a location status (though many of you already know, our agent is a little hard to deal with but she's better than most).

Hope that clears up any ongoing misconceptions about GPX. They still offer some of the best value (despite rocketing up their prices 100% over this year) on the market and can get most larger packages across the country for under $100.

https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/1236575_10151908772844874_1059932423_n.png
https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185282_10151908772744874_1329305725_n.png
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1239795_10151908772849874_1736024919_n.jpg

whatsupadrian
02-16-2014, 07:55 PM
I unfortunately had to part with my e39. She caused me too much grief in the last year that I had to let her go. That said and the point of this thread resurrection; I still have my m5 rear bumper from this group buy in the box never opened. It's not painted and so if you missed out I would like to pass along the offer to you.

Dcups
02-16-2014, 09:21 PM
I unfortunately had to part with my e39. She caused me too much grief in the last year that I had to let her go. That said and the point of this thread resurrection; I still have my m5 rear bumper from this group buy in the box never opened. It's not painted and so if you missed out I would like to pass along the offer to you.

Hey I'll buy it from you if no one else wants it

DoreenNZiv
02-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Interested. What's your price?

Thanks.

gearaddiction
04-05-2014, 08:08 PM
I unfortunately had to part with my e39. She caused me too much grief in the last year that I had to let her go. That said and the point of this thread resurrection; I still have my m5 rear bumper from this group buy in the box never opened. It's not painted and so if you missed out I would like to pass along the offer to you. I am very interested in buying it, if you still haven't sold it. I really need a rear bumper.

scott99540it
04-06-2014, 06:43 AM
define too much gr$ef?

RVAE34
04-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Dan? if so, they are finished and ready to go today.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1001179_10151795138859874_962235594_n.jpg

I spy my old front bumper on the shelf top right :)

whatsupadrian
04-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Yes I still have the bumper. The last guy didn't want to pay for shipping.

m3crazyo
04-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Whats up Adrian,

How much for the bumper, and shipping cost. Thats if those who showed interest above have not snagged it up.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I spy my old front bumper on the shelf top right :)

HA HA HA, Brandon how the hell did you spot that! Thats funny but then again your color is so rare.

gearaddiction
04-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Yes I still have the bumper. The last guy didn't want to pay for shipping. Hey Adrian, I sent you a pm yesterday.