PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Mounting Bracket

George Hill
03-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I originally bought my touring without a rear seat, I have since acquired a seat bottom but I don't have the mounting hardware. I cannot find the bracket(s) that atatch the seat bottom to the car at the Frt, right behind your legs anywhere in the microfiche. Can someone send me a pn# or direct me to the correct part in the ETK?
Thanks, George

RVAE34
03-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Oddly enough I didn't see it on realoem.com either. I just pulled mine when I stripped the interior. I will see if my parts have part numbers on them in about 45 min when I am home.

George Hill
03-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Awesome, thanks. Yours are beige correct, I'm looking for black but beige should get me in the ballpark, thanks again!

RVAE34
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Here ya go. All color PN's included :) No PN on the aluminum piece underneath though :(

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8529/8532628700_bcd5779c94_c.jpg

George Hill
03-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Awesome, but are you sure that's the seat mount cover. I typed those numbers into realoem and it pulled up the microfiche for the partition net and cargo cover. From the pic of the components they do look like what I need though. I'm on my phone and am not sure how to make a link to the ETK picture or I would post that up.

RVAE34
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
That is the plastic cover right under your knees. When you pop that off, it reveals the aluminum bracket that actually holds the seat to the car. Remove that and the seat pops right up. That part description makes more sense why I could not find it on realoem as well.

George Hill
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Ok awesome thanks again. There are none of the plastic covers in the US, so they are coming from Germany. But there are two brackets, I've got them both on order, should be here tomorrow am. Thanks again.

RVAE34
03-05-2013, 05:33 PM
No problem. Glad that helped.

tinius
03-06-2013, 09:32 PM
You may have this info already, but here it is.

For the seat you will need two metal brackets, two plastic covers (black) and four bolts, metric M6, 20mm long. The OEM bolts are hex head, but they don't have to be.

The reason you got the partition net and cargo cover in your look-up is the aluminum brackets double as hold-down for the seats, and as storage for the cargo cover. Bring the cover in through the passenger rear door, with the pull-out part going toward the front of the car and the net going up, and you will see the two black "adapter rails" (item #14) which slide into the brackets. The cargo cover locks into place for safe storage while driving.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8505/8535924734_13cf421ae9_c.jpg

Regards,

Tomdownunder
03-07-2013, 04:43 PM
The reason you got the partition net and cargo cover in your look-up is the aluminum brackets double as hold-down for the seats, and as storage for the cargo cover. Bring the cover in through the passenger rear door, with the pull-out part going toward the front of the car and the net going up, and you will see the two black "adapter rails" (item #14) which slide into the brackets. The cargo cover locks into place for safe storage while driving.

It's not so much for a safe storage spot as for being able to use the cargo net when the rear seats are down. The net pulls up from this position and there are two catches above to hook the net into. Same as the net catches in the rear.