PDA

View Full Version : BMW Apps

behold34
03-02-2013, 04:00 AM
So after yrs of waiting and planning i finally got my 2012 328i fresh off the lot in Germany. Being shipped to the US as i type this and hopefully will just beat me to the port so i can pick it up.

My only woe is that it didn't come with the BMW apps. Now that at the wasn't a deal breaker for me. I have the regular BT and Hud display. THe HUD is what sold me honestly. I want to know if anyone has any info on how to get the BMW APP installed when i pick it up in CA?

F30Duke
03-02-2013, 07:09 AM
I have BMW Apps and don't know why it's there. It's a waste of a feature IMO

THEPOOLEMAN
03-02-2013, 08:38 AM
BMW Apps, you need to have smart phone integration in order to have this option.
What it does is it allows you to run 3rd party software so you can access your twitter, facebook blah blah blah.
cant be installed at the dealership !

rolltidef30
03-02-2013, 11:51 AM
I've got it, but don't think you'll miss it. I play Pandora usually through BT, but not sure that you need Apps to do it.

As long as you've got BT, I think that takes care of the music features.

And the HUD is about the coolest thing I've seen in years. You can scroll music tracks with it and much more like answer and reject calls, etc.

THEPOOLEMAN
03-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I've got it, but don't think you'll miss it. I play Pandora usually through BT, but not sure that you need Apps to do it.

As long as you've got BT, I think that takes care of the music features.

And the HUD is about the coolest thing I've seen in years. You can scroll music tracks with it and much more like answer and reject calls, etc.

You have BMW Assist with enhanced Blue tooth that is what allows you to stream bluetooth audio it also gives you Voice commands.
APP's Just runs 3 party software.
I sell BMW's for a living Plus I own a E30 an E90 And F30

behold34
03-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Thanks. I think i wanted it just because of the sync between my Iphone and the car. But i have reg BT and the USB connection. So oh well one feature that i won't have.

Subcrtical
03-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Don't worry about it. Unless you absolutely have to have FB or Twitter in the car, there really isn't much use.

Being able to connect via Bluetooth is really all that matters... And I think that's standard now.

eaturner
04-06-2013, 09:11 PM
The best part of the BMW Connected app is the web radio stations but you could get that with Pandora or Spotify as well. It's great to play audio over bluetooth, the stupid thing is that when you want to plug your phone in via usb so you can charge it, the car turns of bluetooth audio on the phone configuration in the car. In order to play via bluetooth again, you have to go into the phone configuration for bluetooth and select audio again. What a pain in the ass. It should just work with bluetooth or usb if you plug it in. While playing audio from bluetooth you can't see album covers or see the next song title in the HUD display or on the screen. If you're using the USB cable you can. Sometimes when playing audio via bluetooth I can only play songs in my play list for some reason. I have to use the phone to select another playlist. Odd.