PDA

View Full Version : Weird Leak / Water Drainage

AquilaBMW
02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
So.... yesterday, I was getting replacement tires for the Touring. We had to use a floor jack to lift the rear to get the Car Lift posts under the car (It's Lowered).

We placed a jack at the Jack Pad on the rear driver's side. As soon as we jacked the car up.... probably about 1/2 an inch to an inch, water starting coming out at that spot. I would say about 4 litres at least. It had rained heavily the day before and the car was driven in the rain and also parked outside for a little bit.

I am trying to figure out how / where the water could have come from? How / where was it stored in the car? Why did it drain when we lifted it up?

Any thoughts and ideas would be VERY, VERY welcome. I am confused at this point. One of the guys at the shop suggested it might have come from the side skirts and that when we jacked it up, we moved the jack pad a bit and that released the water.

I am trying to post the video, but not working yet.

http://youtu.be/Qit6ehG7VOY

Reefin Dude
02-21-2013, 02:31 PM
i can not find the thread right now, but it sounds like the water drained out of an area where the condensation is collated from the AC unit. there are supposedly two drain hoses and they can get clogged. a sloshing sound is heard near the center console area is an indicator that this area needs to be drained.

G~

Der Krieger
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Sunroof drains?

AquilaBMW
02-22-2013, 01:38 AM
i can not find the thread right now, but it sounds like the water drained out of an area where the condensation is collated from the AC unit. there are supposedly two drain hoses and they can get clogged. a sloshing sound is heard near the center console area is an indicator that this area needs to be drained.

G~

I checked the A/C drains which are right beside the transmission and found nothing. I am not sure those are the ones that caused this. The water was draining right around the rear driver's side jack pad.

Sunroof drains?

That's I was thinking as well.

Anyone know where the rear sunroof drains are located? I might also have to remove the headliner to check the roof rail drains.

sprouting
03-03-2013, 04:19 PM
If you haven't got to the bottom of your water leak yet may be this idea might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGirjqyrMcY