PDA

View Full Version : e39 - Wheel Question : Style 135

rapnel
02-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I took blue for a test drive after the snow stopped and a curb with a snowbank on it rammed into me. It took a bite out of my wheel and left a wobbler.

I hadn't looked it up before now but it would appear that my wheels are style 135s and I'm wondering how I'm running these on an e39 74mm hub.
This page has fitment ( http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/bmw/135 ) (nice site if you haven't seen it yet) that doesn't include an e39.

A search for the wheel by vin turned up none similar on realoem. A quick search on the web turns up mostly e60 fitment references.

Where am I going to get one if it doesn't exist?

(fyi - a lighter flywheel with a fresh gripforce stage 2 on hardpack snow with brandy new allseasons is a combo that I do not recommend)
Hub centric:

DennisCooper
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi,

It's most likely you have replica wheels and they could well be 74.1 mm fitment or, if they were only in 72.56 then they've previously been bored to 74.1, or, you have hubcentric rings.

If they are indeed replica's, then you'll need to see/find any wheel place that has them and hope that they can sell you just one wheel. The chances of that are low, as they then get lumbered with a set of 3 wheels, so it's likely they'd only sell in sets of four.

Cheers, Dennis!

rapnel
02-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks Dennis. These guys seem to be the only ones slinging something close. Halfway down under "Applications" they make it seem as if they have one for e39 offset and hub. .. but no listing. ( http://www.umnitza.com/zhp-replica-wheel-style-135-set-of-4-wheels-p-1232.html )
"Application
18X8 = (74mm CB/ 20 ET) Silver
18X8 = (72mm CB/ 40 ET) Chrome"

Mighty cheap - mighty heavy at 24lbs. Worth a call. I don't recall looking at the stamps on the back of the rim. Reps never even crossed my mind. I think I should look.

Thanks,
Randy

geargrinder
02-11-2013, 04:49 AM
I took blue for a test drive after the snow stopped and a curb with a snowbank on it rammed into me.

LOL. well said.

Yeah those look like reps to me for sure. Wouldnt be surprised if they were heavy. The fake M center caps look cheepniz too.

But hey - this is what i like to call an "upgrade opportunity".