PDA

View Full Version : Door difficult to open (intermittent)

Kdog349
12-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi all,

Lately my door has been very difficult to open, to the point where I'm afraid of getting stuck in the car. This starting happening 2 weeks ago on both the passenger and driver door at the same time (maybe related?).

This happens with the interior and exterior of the car. It seems to be worse on some days and fine on others. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the window retract/door open sync on convertibles?

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it, I'm not really sure where to start!

Thanks!

bogdan wst
12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
This some times happens at my driver's door. I'm also interested in solving this kind of problem ( some times the window on the driver's door doesn't go down enough for me to be able to open the door properly, but i have to force the door a little to open it ... why is this happening ?).

jasongreen009
01-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Yes, verify whether the window is catching or the handle(s) aren't working properly. The best way would be from outside of the car watching the window, or by rolling the windows down and seeing if the doors are still difficult.

If it's the window, you may have a malfunctioning microswitch or the window just may need reprogramming. If the window doesn't have anything to do with it, it's probably your handles.

VerticalNeptune
01-20-2013, 08:24 PM
My driver's door gets slightly stuck sometimes, and it's because the kick/scuff board isn't a good fit. I removed it once to fit cables underneath, and it's never been the same since. It's held in place by about 5 white plastic runner grooves, so the kickboard just slides into each of these when they're aligned.

Try to move it - if there's play, it could be the cause.

ThePianoman
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM
I was having trouble getting mine open for a while! What it was for me is the clips holding the door panel in failed and the panel got stuck on the side and made it hard to open the door. Don't know if this is anywhere close to whats going on but I might as well put that out there