PDA

View Full Version : need help! 98 vert needs work

mumz93
11-30-2012, 02:58 AM
so i bought a 98 vert in the summer and it was all good and nothing was wrong. until the fall came around and it started raining and even snowed a couple times here in philly. i noticed that there is water leaking into the compartment where the top goes and then it leaks though to the seats and the floor in the back. i have a puddle the size of lake michigan in the back of my car. i checked out to see if i could find anything and i have no clue where the water would be leaking from.

my disk changer also stopped working and my passenger side window spazzes every time i hit a bump. it drops about a centimeter and goes right back up.

BTW, if anyone has a hardtop for sale, let me know please!

Madjap
11-30-2012, 08:25 AM
so i bought a 98 vert in the summer and it was all good and nothing was wrong. until the fall came around and it started raining and even snowed a couple times here in philly. i noticed that there is water leaking into the compartment where the top goes and then it leaks though to the seats and the floor in the back. i have a puddle the size of lake michigan in the back of my car. i checked out to see if i could find anything and i have no clue where the water would be leaking from.

Sounds like the drain holes in that compartment are clogged. They are located at the very front of that compartment. Clear those and hopefully your water issues will be resolved.

my passenger side window spazzes every time i hit a bump. it drops about a centimeter and goes right back up.

This is caused by a worn out door switch. The quick fix is to build up the switch with some tape so it pushes in further when you close the door. Of course, you could replace the switch, but I believe that is quite an involved repair.

mumz93
11-30-2012, 01:27 PM
where would the door switch be located? because that makes sense since the lights that shine on the feet when the door is open comes on too.

Madjap
11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
It's a microswitch on the door latch mechanism (on the door).

mumz93
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
thanks! got it