PDA

View Full Version : Do fog lamps exist (from BMW) for the msport line?

335xi MSport
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm in the process of ordering my new 335xi msport and the last thing i'm working with the dealer on is fog lamps... do they exist for this line of car?

I've seen images where the car does have fog lamps on it but i've yet to see an option on the bmwusa site.

thoughts?

Thanks!
J

ALBONY
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
i would think msport shouldnt have it due to the need of extra air flow.. my 135i msport doesnt have em i kinda like no fogs due to the fact that like m3/5/6 dont come with them either.

Jamesons Viggen
09-17-2012, 02:06 PM
The Euro M-Sports have the fogs, so the part numbers exist.

335xi MSport
09-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Yea I tried to customize a Euro version and there are wayyyyy more options (fog lights included).

:( In WA we get lots of fog so it would be useful. I'll look into after market

Thanks

335xi MSport
09-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Anyone know where i can get fog lights? Factory would be best but im open to alternatives.

Jamesons Viggen
09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Go to realoem.com and get the part numbers for a Euro M-Sport.

mryakan
09-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Don't forget that you still need to program the car even if you manage to install them cleanly. That could be a headache, been there done that on my previous e90. Luckily I had a fixed price deal with the dealer otherwise I would have had to pay through the nose for the supposedly lengthy complicated programming process.

335xi MSport
09-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't forget that you still need to program the car even if you manage to install them cleanly. That could be a headache, been there done that on my previous e90. Luckily I had a fixed price deal with the dealer otherwise I would have had to pay through the nose for the supposedly lengthy complicated programming process.

@mryakan - looks like you've got fogs on your current car. do you use them much?

mryakan
09-21-2012, 11:07 AM
@mryakan - looks like you've got fogs on your current car. do you use them much?
All the time when the headlights are on or in the dark/low light. Functionally, they just add a little bit of visibility on the edges which I find useful driving it town with curbs all around + I like the look with fogs on. Would I miss them if not available? probably. Would it be a deal breaker? Probably not. No sunroof, now that would be a deal breaker ;).