PDA

View Full Version : DDD's 318... whats it got?

DDD
02-27-2001, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by mpbmw318is
what did you do to the suspension? and i gotta tell you, my 318 is slow as hell. whats under the hood?

As for suspension...
- H&R racing springs
- Bilstein sport shocks/struts
- Eibach adjustable sway bars
- BMW Motorsport X-Brace

Under the hood...
- BMP Design High Flow Racing Intake
- K&N cone filter
- Bosal/Brospeed cat-back exhaust

... not much really.... maybe I am just a damn good driver. :D

Mode
02-27-2001, 01:59 AM
Is it really more responsive / quicker than Richard's 325 auto? (I think that is what he has)

Joey325i
02-27-2001, 02:06 AM
Richards got a 323 Auto, an i've got a 325 auto. This car is fast enuf for me, but i would like either a M motor or Turbo to give it that extra umph. but hey who doesn't want those? As for my car its pretty responsive on the freeway, other than that off the line its slow as hell, the heavy @$$ 19" PG2's don't help it much =)

Black Majik
02-27-2001, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by DDD

As for suspension...
- H&R racing springs
- Bilstein sport shocks/struts
- Eibach adjustable sway bars
- BMW Motorsport X-Brace

Under the hood...
- BMP Design High Flow Racing Intake
- K&N cone filter
- Bosal/Brospeed cat-back exhaust

... not much really.... maybe I am just a damn good driver. :D

forgot:

Exterior...
- Touch up paint

hehe....

Mode
02-27-2001, 02:08 AM
Yeah. . .I noticed that, too. I switch from stock 15s to on-the-heavy-side Hartge 18s. Noticeable suffering in braking/acceleration. Oh well. . .

Black Majik
02-27-2001, 02:10 AM
actually... i've never raced David...

i was jus' baggin' on myself with my slushbox that's all....

on the freeway my car pulls and can beat quite a select cars....

it still has plenty of power.... for a slushie....

Joey325i
02-27-2001, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Mode
Yeah. . .I noticed that, too. I switch from stock 15s to on-the-heavy-side Hartge 18s. Noticeable suffering in braking/acceleration. Oh well. . .

Well I upgraded to Powerslot rotors and PBR pads. Not sure if they helped but make th car look a hellauva lot better. But for accel on the freeway i can pretty much take all rice rockets, but they never want to play with me!

DDD
02-27-2001, 02:15 AM
Maybe we will have to run the 318i manual against the 323is auto sometime... it would be instersting to find out.

hey.. can we change what our description is?... both Richard and Joey have custom ones! :(

Joey325i
02-27-2001, 02:18 AM
It's a secret David!!! For moderators only. . .j/k

Jes go to edit profiles and chnage profile then change custom text i think it is, the one that has 'Junior Member' in it.

Black Majik
02-27-2001, 02:18 AM
hehe here's a hint...

remember what i asked u earlier tonite? check the E46 board... that's how.

Joey325i
02-27-2001, 02:19 AM
Wait so only moderators can change it Rich?

If that's the case what a great privelige to have! =)

Black Majik
02-27-2001, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by DDD
Maybe we will have to run the 318i manual against the 323is auto sometime... it would be instersting to find out.

BTW....

if that happens the reason i said i might get killed is the start...

if we do race, one term... You cant drop the clutch and peel rubber! I'll lose for sure trying to find the road in the smoke!

DDD
02-27-2001, 02:30 AM
No worries man... with those big ass 235/40/ZR17 RE730s on the back... I can only dream of smoking the tires!! :D

I think it would be a near even race! :)

Black Majik
02-27-2001, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by DDD
No worries man... with those big ass 235/40/ZR17 RE730s on the back... I can only dream of smoking the tires!! :D

I think it would be a near even race! :)

Lets go to a moderate traffic freeway.... I'll blast my lights so that drivers get outta my lane and move into yours.:)

DDD
02-27-2001, 03:18 AM
ha ha ha... ok, and then after that, lets head out to the mountains and hit up the twisties. I will wait for you at the top, dont worry ;)

themadhatter
02-27-2001, 07:33 PM
Richard, I'm next!

hey hey hey, nothing wrong with the ZF autobox.

it's what I have and I take'em all on.

if you want proof, just check out this site and see where I placed and how many M3's I spanked. Everybody got a good reminder of what a good driver can do with any kind of car.

5th place out of 20 (mostly modified) cars. And this was my first time! All if the heavily modified non-M cars had to run in D class, you can see how the 535is did just for example!

http://www.njbmwcca.org/Results/autox4-30-00.htm look for me (Ron Hakim)

~oh wait, did I just toot my own horn? Sorry!

so, who wants to race? anytime, any track!

Black Majik
02-27-2001, 07:39 PM
hehe...

ron lets go for it...!

Hey david... can u "rent" a drag strip so i dont embarass myself "as bad" if i f*** up? hmm... how do u f*** up a launch anyways on a slushie... put in drive and stomp on the gas and watch the car next to you disappear in the rear view mirror... .hmm... not too difficult i guess :D

themadhatter
02-27-2001, 07:47 PM
no no no,

I'd rather auto-x, more fun and requires skills too....

I think you'd like it