PDA

View Full Version : Ride/Drive this weekend, Dec 8th: NC/TN

ToddGT
12-06-2001, 12:11 PM
This was posted by SeaJay on a different board and I took the liberty to pass it along. I'm going to try to make it and I hope some others can as well.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Saturday, December 8th (this weekend at Castle Wood (1-800-922-2571), at Deal's Gap, NC/TN border. 318 curves in 11 miles! :) Check out http://www.dealsgap.com for info on "The Dragon," if you don't already know him personally.

I'd kill to meet more of y'all in person, and this would be a terrific opportunity to do just that.

I won't be on a bike... I'll be in a cage. :( However, it's at least a pretty cool cage... A BMW Z3 (bright red, black top... License plate = "VRROOM.")

I plan on having a nice group of real pavement enthusiasts... All kinds of bikes and sports cars, particularly BMW's.

Please let me know if you can attend. I'm planning on arriving in the early afternoon Saturday, checking in, and then leaving the Castle Inn and running the Dragon many times over. Of course, there will also be plenty of BS'ing sessions, lots of tall tales, and NOBODY CRASHING. :)

Please come... RSVP, ASAP to SeaJay@BMWDrivers.org and I can give you all the info. Invite anyone who you think is cool and who loves twisties, 'cause this is the twisty heaven of the East Coast.

Rooms rent (at what's apparently the nicest place there that's open during this "off" season) for just $59 per night for a single. People doubling up in rooms not only get to pay less, but also get hot tub privileges (I was unclear as to whether hot tubs were actually in the double rooms.) ...So contact me if you plan to stay overnight so we can coordinate! Oh yeah... Continental Breakfast on the house on Sunday! :)

Nighttime temperatures are reputed to be in the mid to high thirties, while daytime temperatures are reputed to be in the low to mid sixties, so dress accordingly... Or be prepared to drop the top when necessary. :)

No rain forecasted for this weekend either... This is the perfect opportunity to get in some quality pavement time before the Holiday With The Family Doldrums set in, so come with us! :D

I can be contacted at 843-575-0499 if you have questions or problems, or reply at my email address.

If you do call and get my voicemail, enjoy it and be sure to leave a message. No, you did not call the wrong number. It's a joke. :D

Here's to seeing you there...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>