PDA

View Full Version : Vorsteiner Exhaust

Dopey
06-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I recently installed the Vorsteiner SS Sport exhaust system in my 2011 535 xi with M package. The interior drone at 1900-2800 RPMs is totally unbearable. Driving 120 kmh in Sport mode will roast your ears off. It advertises "No Interior Drone". Is it possible that it was installed incorrectly?

garettZHP
06-17-2012, 10:23 PM
No your so dumb it says clearly on the Vorsteiner website "no interior drone"
Maybe if you get off the "dopey" you wouldn't hear it man

meteck
06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Uh, wut? :confused

garettZHP
06-19-2012, 10:35 PM
I was jokin above as I have been in the car as well
He just got the VORSTEINER exhaust system for his 2011 535 and it sounds like the loud sound is comin from the middle and not the back there Is a low very loud annoying sound on the inside (a drone) which is not supposed to be there well it is advertised as not there !!

rdef
06-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Can you describe the fracas?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

garettZHP
06-24-2012, 02:42 AM
We replaced it with super sprint the vorsteiner system is a poor design no x pipe or anything

garettZHP
06-24-2012, 02:43 AM
We replaced it with super sprint the vorsteiner system is a poor design no x pipe or anything

Dopey
06-25-2012, 10:39 AM
I took my car back to the shop in Calgary, Alberta where the Vorsteiner Exhaust System was installed. We went for a test drive and the Tech was shocked at how loud the interior drone was. When we put it up on the hoist for an installation check, we could see that there was no reasonator and the straight section was too long. They pulled out the Vorsteiner Exhaust and put my original system back in within the hour at no extra cost. They will be returning the system for a full refund. In the meantime, I have ordered a Supersprint Exhaust system that has a reasonator x-pipe design, as per the Calgary shop's recommendation. I was very pleased with how they handled the whole situation. They were very professional.

Unfortunately, the Vorsteiner Exhaust system for the 2011 F10 is a poor design of you are looking for NO Interior Drone. All of the Vorsteiner marketing material promotes "no interior drone". I would be more understanding if they said "less interior drone" or "reduced interior drone", but it says "NO interior drone".