PDA

View Full Version : Park assist question

Sprint1999
05-06-2012, 01:33 AM
How does the park assist option work? Is there a camera involved in the front of the car? My wife has had some unfortunate rim scrapes with curbs and is wondering if this option will eliminate this problem. Does anyone who owns the vehicle with this option have any thoughts on the value of this feature?

Moondancer
05-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I have this option and there are sensors in the front, sides, and back that detect objects and show up as additional information on the camera display. It should help her.

Davidjah
05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
How does the park assist option work? Is there a camera involved in the front of the car? My wife has had some unfortunate rim scrapes with curbs and is wondering if this option will eliminate this problem. Does anyone who owns the vehicle with this option have any thoughts on the value of this feature?

My wife has this option on her 2012 335 and finally she can park, parallel park or back into a parking space. The front rear and side cameras get her exactly between the white lines to park and she also can parallel park 12" safely from the curb. The front sensors are a savior to a damaged front air dam as she safely parks about 12" from curbs or car stops with the great visibility she now has. Valuable option for the la,dies.