PDA

View Full Version : F10 Map Update

daniel2002p
03-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Let me start off this may be a stupid question and yes I searched this section of the forum with no answer...

What I have is a 2011 528i with the OEM Nav and 2011 map updates. I purchased a map update from eBay for Region 3 (Part# 65 90 2 241 720) on a whim since it was a good price, but I have a sneaking suspicion this will not work on my car.

This is the 2012 Version Disc 3 out of 10 CD North America High. Now the CD was cheap so if I wasted my money I am OK with that.

How do I tell which CD or DVDs I need? If I do have the correct upgrade disc how in the heck do you install it? I tried putting it into the CD/DVD reader in the car but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance. The pic of what I can buy is listed but I was hoping to get away with just buying update for my state.

Thanks,
Daniel

shawnsheridan
03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Let me start off this may be a stupid question and yes I searched this section of the forum with no answer...

What I have is a 2011 528i with the OEM Nav and 2011 map updates. I purchased a map update from eBay for Region 3 (Part# 65 90 2 241 720) on a whim since it was a good price, but I have a sneaking suspicion this will not work on my car.

This is the 2012 Version Disc 3 out of 10 CD North America High. Now the CD was cheap so if I wasted my money I am OK with that.

How do I tell which CD or DVDs I need? If I do have the correct upgrade disc how in the heck do you install it? I tried putting it into the CD/DVD reader in the car but nothing happens.

Thanks in advance. The pic of what I can buy is listed but I was hoping to get away with just buying update for my state.

Thanks,
Daniel

Your F10 has a CIC hard drive based NAV System. It seems that you bought the Disc for the older CCC DVD based system. If you want to upgrade your system, read these two threads:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11139852

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540474

It's everything you need to know. :)

daniel2002p
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
That's what I figured oh well it's only $33 with shipping. Anyone interested in buying? I was new when I got it, I opened the sleeve and tried to insert into slot, otherwise new.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com