PDA

View Full Version : What are people paying?

kjsayers
03-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Went to my local dealer last nite and saw a red 328...sweet! Does anyone know what people are paying?

GVLBob
03-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Isn't that a somewhat complicated question? Need to discuss if one is or isn't trading in a car (and if you are trading in a car, what kind of a deal they offered on that) and what the dealer fees are. Can't just discuss what one paid for the car itself.

kjsayers
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
You still pay the same for the car no matter what, if anything, you trade.

mryakan
03-18-2012, 06:58 PM
That is a very vague question. The price can swing up to 10-15K depending on line, packages and options.

kjsayers
03-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Very true...point taken. I'll have to look and see what packages I want and can live without.

RAAS al Guggy
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Just build one yourself on BMW's site to see how much your car may cost.

GVLBob
03-19-2012, 07:13 PM
You still pay the same for the car no matter what, if anything, you trade.

That's not entirely correct. If the dealer wishes to enhance the deal, they can either discount the price of the car or improve the value they give for the trade-in.

gvmohan
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
I build my own for msrp.41,974.00
And i got it for 40,000.
328i sport line, manual transmission, mineral white metallic, leather Dakota coral red/black highlight. Premium sound package, enhanced Bluetooth.

THEPOOLEMAN
04-30-2012, 05:08 PM
there is a 7-8% delta between M.S.R.P. and the dealer invoice pricing..
curant incentives added in depending on what ever BMW USA is offering.
IE grind the sales person above and beyond the incentive 4-5 %
:devillook

GVLBOB
That's what's known as trade allowence and it's just a way of making it look like they are giving you more for the trade in, after all we all think our cars are worth more than they are to a dealership..... I wouldn't sell my Baur for less than 20,000 I,
'd never get that for it would I now ?
My 2006 325xi 76k all services up to date and completed at a BMW service center and the real # for a trade value $9k NADA Book for pp sales $15,500.

Rocket99
05-10-2012, 01:09 PM
GVLBOB
That's what's known as trade allowence and it's just a way of making it look like they are giving you more for the trade in

Whenever ANYONE trades in ANY car, always negotiate on the spread, i.e., the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of the new car. So, when you make an offer, it's always "My car + $X". Never negotiate on each separately.

THEPOOLEMAN
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Whenever ANYONE trades in ANY car, always negotiate on the spread, i.e., the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of the new car. So, when you make an offer, it's always "My car + $X". Never negotiate on each separately.
Thats not what I was saying I was saying do not be fooled by trade allowance. the dealership will try to show you more for your trade through discounting the vehicle and adding it to the value they are showing you foryour car. not through ACV.....
what ever the dealership will give you for your trade is what they give nothing less nothing more it's a shell game.
the delta on new BMW'a is 7-8% from invoice to MSRP If you take the trade out of the mix end of story.