PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered!

bmwgso
03-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi everyone!

Just ordered my first ever BMW car, I already have a BMW motorcycle.

Ordered a 550i, hopefully will hit production this week!

Die Wolfe
03-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Nice! The anticipation is a killer! My 535i should be at the dealer by Friday...it's been a long 2 months! Congrats again!

bmwgso
03-05-2012, 08:01 PM
The anticipation is a killer. The dealer had a car ready for production that they modified for me. The sales guy says it went to production but the site hasn't updated. Is there a phone number to call to get more up to date information..

Die Wolfe
03-05-2012, 11:55 PM
The anticipation is a killer. The dealer had a car ready for production that they modified for me. The sales guy says it went to production but the site hasn't updated. Is there a phone number to call to get more up to date information..

That's EXACTLY how I ordered mine, it was in production and we modified it. As for updates, sorry man, you'll just have to log in to mybmw everyday for 2 months like I did! And sorry to rub it in, but the dealer just called me and it's ready for pick up tomorrow! Be patient man...

bmwgso
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Checked on the vehicle and appears to have moved into production. What's been everyone's experience with production time?

Die Wolfe
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Checked on the vehicle and appears to have moved into production. What's been everyone's experience with production time?

Roughly 2 weeks for me...

bmwgso
03-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Called today and the system says estimated completion is the 12th, which will be one week of production. How do I learn what ship it will be on for tracking purposes?

Die Wolfe
03-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Called today and the system says estimated completion is the 12th, which will be one week of production. How do I learn what ship it will be on for tracking purposes?

That I'm not sure, I didn't try tracking the ship...I just checked online every single day lol

bmwgso
03-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Car is in the paint shop!

Die Wolfe
03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Nice! What color?

meteck
03-10-2012, 01:45 AM
That's why I bought mine off the floor. I just don't have the patience. :)

bmwgso
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I'll tell you, the BMW system for production tracking sucks! I work in IT and I could design a better system in my sleep. For such an awesome driving machine and all of the technology in the car, you would think they would develop a better system for tracking the production status of the vehicle.

Production is supposed tl end tomorrow. I hope it ships this week! There is a ship destined for the East dose that is scheduled to arrive in a week as opposed to 2. With some luck, my car will be in my driveway in about 2 weeks!

radelow
03-13-2012, 01:05 AM
How much over invoice did you end up at? Thinking about ordering a 550i and NEED DATA!!! :)

bmwgso
03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Well, Isuppose with the trade the numbers really don't reflect the true price. I paid just under a grand over invoice, but also got an additional $800 on my trade when requested. I suppose all and all probably paid about $500 over invoice.

car is at the port as of Sunday. Hopefully it is on a ship by now. Just waiting for the ship's name from the dealer. Should be here in a week or two.

vkl168
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
That's why I bought mine off the floor. I just don't have the patience. :)

Same for my wife. Too many options with these cars. I just went with what's available on the floor with the options my wife wanted. Just got it this week. We went with the 535i.. Originally look at the 528i.. I am just not so sure about it yet. No doubt I would go with the 550i if the car was for me.

Probably paid a little more than others.. $800 over invoice.. Wife is happy.. that's all it matters I guess.

I recently got rid of my 540i...wow.. the 5 series has changed quite a bit..

rpeif
04-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I'll tell you, the BMW system for production tracking sucks! I work in IT and I could design a better system in my sleep. For such an awesome driving machine and all of the technology in the car, you would think they would develop a better system for tracking the production status of the vehicle.

Production is supposed tl end tomorrow. I hope it ships this week! There is a ship destined for the East dose that is scheduled to arrive in a week as opposed to 2. With some luck, my car will be in my driveway in about 2 weeks!

How did you find out that information on the ship?

bmwgso
04-20-2012, 11:03 PM
How did you find out that information on the ship?

Ask your salesman for the ship name, he has it. Then Google it.

ConstantineE92
05-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Soooooooo?????

chadrb02
05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Just put a deposit for the M5 last week. I read here that you're able to track your order on MyBMW? Do I need to let the sales manager know that I wish to do that as well?