PDA

View Full Version : 2011 528i, Euro License Plate Adapter

daniel2002p
02-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Hello BF.com,

First post here, just bought a used 2011 528i (because I did not want the 4 banger but the smooth I6) that I found with only 2500 miles on the ODO... It has Premium Package 1 and 2, Convenience Package, HID's, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Access, Rear View Cam, Park Distance Control and a few other things I have no idea what they do yet.

However what really makes me mad is that it has the US Style license plate adapter screwed into the bumper so I cannot just take it out as it would leave two ugly holes. I debated about putting a Euro Style Plate from our car we had in Germany when we lived there. One thing that is bugging me is that I cannot find an adapter for it at all. I went to RealOEM.com and both Euro and US Show the same adapter. I did some searching on the forum and found ways to do it on other BMW's just not this newer one.

Has anyone looked at this yet, and if there are any alternatives to the US Plate I am all ears. I know its illegal but its not enforced here in Texas that much.

Thanks,
Daniel

meteck
02-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Well, I've got a ticket from DPS that says different. :(
Welcome to the forum! :redspot

NAL
02-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I was recently in London and stopped into a BMW dealer to get the Euro front license plate mount. Turns out there is no such thing. The front Euro plate is screwed directly onto the bumper.

daniel2002p
03-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I was recently in London and stopped into a BMW dealer to get the Euro front license plate mount. Turns out there is no such thing. The front Euro plate is screwed directly onto the bumper.

Interesting... even better so I just need to order a euro plate frame and go to town.

Thanks,
Daniel