PDA

View Full Version : Weird connector inside center console (550i) ----->

fkacct
12-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Anyone know what this connector is? Its located inside the center console...I thought its the iPhone dock but the connector throws me off.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m637/fkacct/photo.jpg

42Pilot
12-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Its the phone connector plug, but you need an adapter that is specific to your phone - the adapter will then fit the connector you picture above.

meteck
12-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hmm, my 528 doesn't have that connector. You must have a different option than I do. I just bluetooth my phone, but I guess that can charge at the same time. Hmm. :confused

fkacct
12-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hmm, my 528 doesn't have that connector. You must have a different option than I do. I just bluetooth my phone, but I guess that can charge at the same time. Hmm. :confused

Thank you! Yes, I think mine has the smartphone integration package....hence this connector. I also connect via bluetooth to phone but I think this connector + cradle will be necessary when upgrading to BMW Apps.

Xeronix
12-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Does BMW Apps not work via USB?

I haven't tested it yet, but it thought it did...

fkacct
12-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Does BMW Apps not work via USB?

I haven't tested it yet, but it thought it did...

Xeronix, can you check and confirm if BMW Apps works without the cradle? I also want to know this....

Savannahian
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
BMW apps works without the cradle, but still has to have USB cable for BMW apps. Blue tooth, for me is better because with the USB connection and with/without BMW apps the iPhone 4 doesn't work the same. If I get a text the music stops, etc. hope it helps.

After problems with my Bluetooth dealer said the cradle would help. It didn't and in fact when I set the phone it in (only once!!) it got so hot i had to take it out after 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using BF.com