PDA

View Full Version : Unable to upload all of my iPod music to the hard drive

dh321
12-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Hello everyone, newb to the forums. Enjoying the amazing info available!

I'm unable to upload all of my iPod music to the hard drive. Is there a way around the DRM issue? I have the original ipod with the older cables, etc, so my 528 doesn't charge the battery. I thought I would simply upload all of my music to the hard drive and not worry about this, but only about 60% of my music uploads from the USB or ipod directly. Any ideas?

meteck
12-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Sorry, I load off CD's, don't have an Ipod, but I'm sure someone has solved this. :)

apocalypsegoat
12-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Hello everyone, newb to the forums. Enjoying the amazing info available!

I'm unable to upload all of my iPod music to the hard drive. Is there a way around the DRM issue? I have the original ipod with the older cables, etc, so my 528 doesn't charge the battery. I thought I would simply upload all of my music to the hard drive and not worry about this, but only about 60% of my music uploads from the USB or ipod directly. Any ideas?

My personal guess would be to use iTunes to convert all your music to a more basic format, I.e. make sure it's all in mp3. Sometimes you can end up with different file types in your library if they come from different sources. If that doesn't work and it is a DRM issue then I believe there are programs that can remove it, but you'd have to Google for those. I don't have drm issues since I torrent all of my music :P

Savannahian
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
A much easier solution, especially when compared to the cost of any BMW, is a new iPod. They do not cost that much, and are much smaller than the original iPod. Or If you know someone with a new(er) iPod they can let you borrow it, upload your songs to it (it will delete their songs - however, once you're finished with this process they can re-upload theirs). After you upload your songs to it, connect it to you BMW. Then give it back to whomever you borrowed it. Try can easily delete your music and put theirs back on it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using BF.com