PDA

View Full Version : Doa

Kindlethespirit
12-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Parked the car in the garage last night. I just went to start it to do some Christmas shopping and the car is completely dead. No functions at all. The weird thing is that when I pushed the start key the rear tail lights started flashing on and off as if the emergency lights were activated. However the front lights aren't flashing. I'm sitting here waiting in BMW roadside assistance now. This should be interesting with this new charging system. I only have 2800 miles on the car an it's daily driven and not on short trips.

wildvan
12-17-2011, 03:48 PM
That sucks, hope you get it going soon. Let us know what they tell you as far as to why it is dead.

Kindlethespirit
12-18-2011, 10:40 AM
The tow truck driver used a booster pack to jump start the car. Since the battery was dead, I couldn't put the car in neutral to push it and get another car near it to jump start it myself.

Like I said earlier, the rear flashers were on, but not the front ones. As soon as the booster pack was hooked up the headlights and the front flashers came on. Now I know that when I got out of the car the night before, the emergency flashers were not on. So I don't know if something weird is going on with the electrical system, but I know that the flashers were not on.

wildvan
12-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Guess it is time for a dealer visit..

Kindlethespirit
12-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I agree. I know what the SA is going to tell me. "Don't worry about it. If it happens again, bring it in."

meteck
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe, or just maybe they'll fix it. Keep us posted. :)

Kindlethespirit
12-19-2011, 10:27 AM
I called the dealer this morning. Like I said, "if it does it again, call us".

I could push it I suppose, but with the winter weather it's really an inconvenience to have the car in the shop and only have a rwd Z4 to get around in.

Savannahian
12-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Not sure if related but i ordered an X3 35i in april 2011 and had performance delivery on June 1st. Within 6 weeks it didn't start, after pressing start/stop for 45 sec. Called dealer. They said "call us next time.". So two weeks later it did it again. Then took it in. Long story short: they replaced fuel pump. Good luck !

Sent from my iPad using BF.com