PDA

View Full Version : Run Flat tire victory

arkeith1
11-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Recently purchased a 2011 BMW 535i w/sport pkg equipped with Dunlop run flat. Six months after purchase I experienced a sidewall bulge in my front driver side tire I immediately took it to the nearest BMW dealership instantly they asked if I had purchased the tire replacement plan I did not. They then eluded to tell me that I was to replace the tire at my own expense I instantly thought they should do more since the care was less than 6 month old. So I then called dunlop and they said the tire was under manufacture warranty :) so they sent me to a local authorized run flat shop to get an inspection they deemed it replaceable no expense to me. BMW. Dealership replaced the tire free of charge $504.00.

Don't take no for an answer

meteck
11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I don't know why they're being that way.

e34Croak
11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Recently purchased a 2011 BMW 535i w/sport pkg equipped with Dunlop run flat. Six months after purchase I experienced a sidewall bulge in my front driver side tire I immediately took it to the nearest BMW dealership instantly they asked if I had purchased the tire replacement plan I did not. They then eluded to tell me that I was to replace the tire at my own expense I instantly thought they should do more since the care was less than 6 month old. So I then called dunlop and they said the tire was under manufacture warranty :) so they sent me to a local authorized run flat shop to get an inspection they deemed it replaceable no expense to me. BMW. Dealership replaced the tire free of charge $504.00.

Don't take no for an answer
Congrats, BMW does not warranty tires unless you have the tire replacement plan. They're very strict about this policy.
All new tires have a manufacturers warranty against defects for a certain period of time.

Savannahian
11-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using BF.com