PDA

View Full Version : Newbie X post springs and spacers?

trakcar
10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Both to Bimmerforums and to BMW.
Never mind my name, I won't track my wife's BMW, I have mine to do that :D.

We just picked her white 535I Msport package. I love the look.
Power is OK, much less then her previous car but the 8 speed hides it well. The 550 was more then we wanted to spend.
So far with only 300 miles on the car I am impressed if I can figure out all the settings.

Can't post pics yet. Not enough posts.

First post; I searched but could not find the info I am looking for.
It is a lease so I don't want to dump in too much money, but the car sits at least 1" too high and could use some spacers to make it look right.

Tirerack is a sponsor here and they have a 1.2" all around lowering spring kit for about $250.00. I'd like to keep the car soft it is just for looks.
Anyone lower their F10 and have pictures; I wonder if 1.2" is enough...

What should spring install cost?

Anyone know how much spacer will fit with the 19" Msport package front and rear? Looks like 15-20mm would be max.

meteck
10-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Don't have a lot of info for you, but generally speaking, anything lowering the springs will make the ride stiffer and reduce strut life. The only way I've seen to properly lower it is to replace the springs/struts with Bilsteins or something equally good. Don't try to cheap out on a vehicle like this or you will pay for it in the long run. :nono
BTW, welcome to the forum.

2patron
10-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Both to Bimmerforums and to BMW.
Never mind my name, I won't track my wife's BMW, I have mine to do that :D.

We just picked her white 535I Msport package. I love the look.
Power is OK, much less then her previous car but the 8 speed hides it well. The 550 was more then we wanted to spend.
So far with only 300 miles on the car I am impressed if I can figure out all the settings.

Can't post pics yet. Not enough posts.

First post; I searched but could not find the info I am looking for.
It is a lease so I don't want to dump in too much money, but the car sits at least 1" too high and could use some spacers to make it look right.

Tirerack is a sponsor here and they have a 1.2" all around lowering spring kit for about $250.00. I'd like to keep the car soft it is just for looks.
Anyone lower their F10 and have pictures; I wonder if 1.2" is enough...

What should spring install cost?

Anyone know how much spacer will fit with the 19" Msport package front and rear? Looks like 15-20mm would be max.

Take a look at the H&R springs, they are doing them for both the 550 and 535, they are the most reliable springs that will lower the car around 1.2 front and 1.3 rear and without sacrificing the ride.
Im waiting for my costume forged wheels and thats when i will put the springs

trakcar
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks,

I parked mine next to a few non Msport package 528/535's and mine seems to sit much higher?? I wonder if it would still sag because I only have 500 miles on it. Either way much to high, Looks very goofy next to my low track car.

The BMW stealer was clueless, but I found a local shop and ordered tuning box, H&R springs, spacers and Michelin SuperSport tires, the Michelin runflats will be for lease return ;-)

The Michelin Supersports are a fantastic tire with long life.