PDA

View Full Version : Podcast on Iphone

keith6
08-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I have a 2010 535i with M package and audio cable in the armrest. I typically play my Ipod for music however on this last trip I plugged in my Iphone to listen to the PGA Championship Podcast. It would initially play the podcast for maybe 3-5 sec then revert to music that is on my Iphone?? Anyone experience something like this or know of a solution. Much appreciated.

Anyone? sure could use some help thx

keith6
08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Has no one had this issue with podcasts not playing? thx

meteck
08-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Sorry, I use a sat rad for all that.:)

dan3317
09-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Nothing wrong with your car, it's the phone. I am not sure if this applies to all of them, but I know the iphone will not allow any streamed content, including podcasts to play through anything it is docked into, like home radios or car stereos, because it is too much of a drain on the battery. You can play the podcast if you download it first in itunes and then load it onto the phone from your home computer.

meteck
09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
That's pretty much how I listen to my books. :)

drewgroh
11-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Dear Keith,
Recently I started downloading and listening to Podcasts. When I tried to access them in my 2011 550i via the external port in my center console I couldn't find them. To fix this I then made a separate play list and moved the podcasts I wanted to listen to into there but still had no luck.

Here's the procedure to get them to play. Make a new play list and name it anything you want. I named mine, cleverly enough, podcasts. Then move any podcasts that you want to listen to, via your integrated system, into that play list. Highlight the podcast, or several podcasts, that you added. On my mac I "control" clicked the track (or tracks) which should be the same as a right click on a PC, then I selected "Get Info". From there click on "Options" then simply change the "Media Kind" from "Podcast" to "Music" and finish by clicking "OK" and Voila! Podcasts are playable in my car.

Hope this helps...it should!
drew