PDA

View Full Version : 2010 535i front window chips

keith6
06-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Well I did a search and did not see any discussions regarding any known issue with regard to the front window. I have 7K miles on this car and really have not had that much highway miles on it maybe 1/3 of total. I have noticed 4 small chips in the window and just wondered if I just got unlucky and got hit that many times or if there is any known issue with this glass. thanks in advance love this site.

CanadaBMWer
06-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Well I did a search and did not see any discussions regarding any known issue with regard to the front window. I have 7K miles on this car and really have not had that much highway miles on it maybe 1/3 of total. I have noticed 4 small chips in the window and just wondered if I just got unlucky and got hit that many times or if there is any known issue with this glass. thanks in advance love this site.

I have mine 2011 535i for 3 months and have had the windshield protected by Diamond glass. So far, one chip and a crack last week. They will replace it for free. Highly recommend insurance, you will feel better driving it around knowing you are covered.

meteck
06-21-2011, 11:10 PM
10 days after I took delivery, I got hit by a rock and it knocked a chip out. I got it fixed by a glass shop and it's almost invisible.:buttrock

535xi1
07-17-2011, 09:54 PM
I took the full insurance policy on mine. I think with a vehicle that's over 60k, it's nice for piece of mind. Dings, scratches, windshield chips, interior, wheels and tires. I think the policy ran me just over 2k but well worth it.

The535kit
07-18-2011, 05:11 PM
That's interesting. I had less than 1k miles on my 535 before I got a chip and then crack. Dealer said, "sorry" which I assumed would happen. Claimed it on insurance and got it replaced.

juanca93
07-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Me too! 800 miles on mine. Safelite was gonna replace it with a generic windshield but the installer took pity on the fact that it was a new car and ordered a dealer window for me.

Sonnie
07-31-2011, 07:50 PM
My wife and I are rock magnets... although I have been fortunate on my 528i. I have had two rocks hit the windshield, but no chips.

I did purchase the ResistAll for it:

Actual Glass Sealant That Helps Protect Your Costly Windshield From Road Debris
Covers Rock Chips & Cracks Up to 6 Inches
Protection Available In 3 & 5 Year Terms, Renewable For Life
The Most Vulnerable Area Of Your Car Is Now Fully Protected