PDA

View Full Version : 528i Experience

meac1998
05-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I am totally enjoying my new 528i. I would not buy anything else but a BMW!
:)

meteck
05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Right there with you buddy! :buttrock

Sonnie
07-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Totally agree... fine outstanding ride!

mahirzz
08-28-2011, 08:23 AM
After 2 weeks of researching and test-driving i'm still confused whether to settle for a 323i or a 523i. I know the basic differences .... but could someone who owns or has experienced either of the two gather up key distinctions between both in terms of options & power?

Here's what I've gathered so far:

323i - Sheer Driving Pleasure; Basic package (GCC - Gulf Specs); Auto, No fancy functionality such as front/ rear cam assist, navigation, connected drive.

523i - SDP; Same engines, but the 5-series got better power, options (navigation, MMI, rear cams assist, better rear seats leg-room/ head-room.

Showroom price difference between the two is KWD 2,000 (USD$ 7,300).

We've got a great deal right now here, 4 years servicing free & 5 years comprehensive warranty & 100 basis points reduction on the insurance quote; so timing is tight. I would need to settle for it either today or tomorrow.

Hows the difference between the post-service maintenance costs & generally on parts since that's when the wallets generally deemed to explode?

Oh yeah, my key look outs when our the driving pleasure its known for, slightly decent tech/ functionality/ options, and smoother maintenance generally through the course of owning one (during & post-warranty/ service package).

Desperate to know soon!

Mahir

wildvan
08-28-2011, 10:08 AM
both will have the same maintenance required, luck unfortunatly has alot to do with the amount of repairs and how well you maintain either vehicle. If you understand that the 3 series is a smaller car then the normal principle of ride quality is straight forward with a larger car. The 5's got more HP due to the size weight diffrence, you can get options on both which in turn drive up the price. I think (only my opinion) the the 5 series is often gotten by the middle age group that enjoy the little more smoothness of the larger car over the smaller 3 series. Much of this is what can you afford. If power and performance is key to you, look at the 535 or 550. Good luck

meteck
08-28-2011, 04:53 PM
That's probably right. When I was younger, I didn't mind the rough ride so much as long as the performance was good, but now I appreciate the comfort and space of the larger car. You really have to drive both and then make a decision. No one can make that for you. Ultimately, it's YOUR behind sitting in that seat. :)